Dillon playing for Dundee United in 2011
|Full name||Seán Dillon|
|Date of birth||30 July 1983|
|Place of birth||Dublin, Ireland|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|1999–2000||Republic of Ireland U16||2||(0)|
|2005||Republic of Ireland U21||1||(0)|
|2007–||Republic of Ireland B||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:07, 30 June 2017 (UTC).
Seán Dillon (born 30 July 1983) is an Irish professional footballer who plays as a defender for Montrose. He previously played for Dundee United and Irish teams Longford Town and Shelbourne in the League of Ireland prior to joining Dundee United in January 2007 then Montrose in June 2017. He has represented the Republic of Ireland at under-16, under-21 and B international level.
Dillon was a youth player with Aston Villa but moved back to Ireland in 2002 with Longford Town, where he won two FAI Cups and a League of Ireland Cup during his four years at Flancare Park. In 2006, he moved to Shelbourne and helped them to their thirteenth league championship win, also scoring the only goal of the game in Shels' Intertoto Cup win in Lithuania over FK Vėtra. In January 2007, Dillon moved to Scottish side Dundee United for an undisclosed fee.
In March 2008 he collected a Scottish League Cup runners-up medal despite being an unused substitute in the final. However, on 15 May 2010, he was then a part of the Dundee United team who defeated Ross County 3–0 to lift the Scottish Cup at Hampden Park.
Not long after the beginning of the 2012–13 season Dillon signed a contract extension that would keep him at the club until May 2015. He was then appointed club captain by manager Jackie McNamara for the 2013–14 season.
Dillon represented the Republic of Ireland Under-16 team at the 2000 UEFA European Under-16 Football Championship and is a former Republic of Ireland under-21 international who represented his country at the 2003 FIFA World Youth Championship, appearing as a substitute in the second round exit. Dillon also represented the Republic of Ireland under-21 team on one occasion and played alongside United teammate Noel Hunt for the Ireland B team in October 2007 in a match against Scotland who included teammate Darren Dods.
- "Dillon completes Dundee Utd move". BBC Sport website. 2007-01-11.
- "Seán Dillon". Arab Archive.
- "New Dundee United deal for defender Sean Dillon". BBC Sport. 24 October 2012. Retrieved 21 August 2013.
- Duthie, Tom (11 July 2013). "Dundee United boss: Dillon decision was easy". Evening Telegraph. Retrieved 21 August 2013.
- Roache, Ian (30 June 2017). "Former Dundee United skipper Sean Dillon joins Montrose as player-coach". The Courier. Dundee. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- Dey, Graeme (2007-10-26). "Dillon realistic on cap chances". The Courier (Dundee).
- Lindsay, Clive (2007-11-20). "Scotland B 1–1 Rep of Ireland B". BBC Sport website.
- Sean Dillon at Soccerbase