Sea Cadets are members of a Sea Cadet Corps, a formal uniformed youth organisation for young people with an interest in water borne activities and or the national Navy. The organisation may be sponsored in whole or in part by the Navy, Navy League or Naval supporter's organisation. In the United Kingdom, Sea Cadets are governed by the parent charity MSSC (Marine Society & Sea Cadets) and receives just over half of its funding from the Ministry of Defence. The Royal Navy is its principal supporter, but it is not a pre-service organisation and works in partnerships with the broader maritime community as well. The various organisations are listed in alphabetical order of their nation.
Sea Cadet organisations exist in most of the maritime nations of the world.
A Sea Cadet Corps or corresponding organisation is a voluntary, non-political and non-militant youth organisation, with membership unrestricted by race, sex or philosophical or religious convictions, which offers practical and theoretical training in nautical and maritime subjects within the context based on naval traditions.— International Sea Cadet Association
Sea Scouts are part of the Scout Movement, and an entirely different style of organisation. They should not be confused with cadets as they have different aims and objectives from a cadet organisation.
National and Territorial
- Belgium: Royal Belgian Sea Cadet Corps
- National cadets of Germany
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong Sea Cadet Corps
- India: Sea Cadet Corps (India)
- Japan: Junior Sea Friends' Federation of Japan
- Korea: Sea Explorers of Korea
- Sea Cadet Corps The Netherlands (Zeekadetkorps Nederland)
- New Zealand:
- Russia: Sea Cadet Corps (Russia)
- Singapore: Singapore National Cadet Corps (Sea)
- South Africa: Sea Cadet Corps (South Africa)
- Sweden: Sjövärnskårernas Riksförbund
- United Kingdom:
- Girls' Nautical Training Corps
- Sea Cadets (Formally known as the "Sea Cadet Corps" in the UK, the first such named organisation in the world. Renamed and re-branded to "Sea Cadets" in 2011)
- Marine Society & Sea Cadets – parent charity of the Sea Cadet Corps, following the merger of the Sea Cadet Association and the Marine Society
- Bermuda (British Overseas Territory): Bermuda Sea Cadet Corps
- United States: