Sea Cliff, San Francisco
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Supervisor||Mark Farrell|
|• Assemblymember||Phil Ting (D)|
|• State Senator||Scott Wiener (D)|
|• U. S. Rep.||Nancy Pelosi (D)|
|• Total||0.37 km2 (0.143 sq mi)|
|• Land||0.37 km2 (0.143 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,510/km2 (6,490/sq mi)|
|GNIS feature ID||1655550|
Sea Cliff (sometimes spelled Seacliff) is a neighborhood in northwestern San Francisco, California. It is known for its large houses and ocean views. Sea Cliff is one of eight master-planned residence parks in San Francisco; its master plan was developed by landscape architect Mark Daniels.
Houses in the Sea Cliff neighborhood are large, and many offer impressive views of the Pacific Ocean, the Golden Gate Bridge and the Marin Headlands. A small public beach named China Beach and the national park Land's End are located in the neighborhood.
Some of the neighborhood's more famous current and past residents include Jefferson Airplane guitarist Paul Kantner, photographer Ansel Adams, comic actor Robin Williams, actress Sharon Stone, actor Eugene Levy, actor Cheech Marin, Gap founder Donald Fisher, Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett, real estate mogul Clinton Reilly, real estate/casino tycoon Luke Brugnara, tech entrepreneur Jack Dorsey, San Francisco Giants CEO Larry Baer, environmental activist and political donor Tom Steyer and hedge fund investor George Soros. Otto N. Miller, Chairman and CEO of Chevron (1966-1974). Walter Shorenstein, real estate investor, who at one point owned 25% of the commercial office space in the City of San Francisco, including the iconic Bank of America Building.
There are several buildings in Sea Cliff by notable architects, including 9, 25 and 45 Scenic Way built in 1914 by Willis Polk (1867-1924), The Hanson House at 126 27th Avenue, Built in 1907, Architect John Charles Flugger (1865-1930). 50 Scenic Way, built in 1921 for Maude Strowbridge, Julia Morgan Architect (1872-1957). 60 Mclaren and 455 Sea Cliff by Albert L. Farr (?- 1947).
Sea Cliff contains the residences for the consul generals of Switzerland, South Korea, The Netherlands and the residence of the consul General of the Philippines is also nearby.
- "Statewide Database". UC Regents. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "California's 12th Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC.
- "Researching Residence Parks". SF West History. 10 (4). Oct–Dec 2014.
- "Mark Daniels: Landscape Architect of Forest Hill, Sea Cliff and More". Western Neighborhoods Project, Outsidelands.org, April 2, 2003.
- Emily Landes (December 12, 2017). "Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett slashes $3 million off Sea Cliff mansion". Houston Chronicle.
- Thomas, Owen (June 18, 2012). "We Hear Twitter Cofounder Jack Dorsey Now Lives In A $10 Million House". Business Insider.