Sea Fury (film)
|Directed by||Cy Endfield|
|Produced by||Benjamin Fisz|
|Written by||John Kruse
Cy Endfield (as C. Raker Endfield)
|Music by||Philip Green|
|Cinematography||Reginald H. Wyer|
|Edited by||Arthur Stevens|
S. Benjamin Fisz Productions (as Aqua)
|Distributed by||J. Arthur Rank Film Distributors|
|26 August 1958 (London) (UK)|
Sea Fury is a 1958 British action film directed by Cy Endfield and starring Stanley Baker, Victor McLaglen (in his final film), Luciana Paluzzi and Grégoire Aslan. The film's plot involves a violent rivalry that develops between two tug-boat operators in Spain. Some of the exteriors were shot in the Costa Brava. Sea Fury was instrumental in the comeback of director Cy Endfield, who'd been forced to flee Hollywood and seek work in London because of the Hollywood Blacklist.
- Stanley Baker - Abel Hewson
- Victor McLaglen - Captain Bellew
- Luciana Paluzzi - Josita
- Grégoire Aslan - Fernando
- Francis de Wolff - Mulder
- David Oxley - Blanco
- George Murcell - Loudon
- Percy Herbert - Walker
- Rupert Davies - Bosun
- Robert Shaw - Gorman
- Roger Delgado - Salgado
- Barry Foster - Vincent
- Joe Robinson - Henrik
- Dermot Walsh - Kelso
- Richard Pearson - Kershaw
- Fred Johnson - Doc
- Jack Taylor - Donkeyman
Victor McLaglen was cast with a view to the American market.
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | SEA FURY (1958)". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 2009-04-16. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Sea Fury (1958) - Trailers, Reviews, Synopsis, Showtimes and Cast". AllMovie. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- American Players Win Rank's Favor: Stars Cited by Distributor; Ladd Shares Children's Hour Scheuer, Philip K. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 29 July 1958: 17.
- "Sea Fury - Sky Movies HD". Skymovies.sky.com. 2002-05-23. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
|This article related to a British film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|