Sea Girt School District
|Sea Girt School District|
|451 Bell Place
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
|Business administrator||Dr. Brian F. Savage|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||161 (as of 2011-12)|
|District Factor Group||I|
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "I", the second-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
For ninth through twelfth grades, Sea Girt's public school students attend Manasquan High School, as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Manasquan Public Schools. Manasquan High School also serves students from Avon-by-the-Sea, Belmar, Brielle, Lake Como, Spring Lake, Spring Lake Heights who attend Manasquan High School as part of sending/receiving relationships with their respective districts. As of the 2014-15 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 1,012 students and 67.8 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 14.9:1.
Awards and recognition
For the 2005-06 school year, Sea Girt Elementary School was one of four schools in New Jersey recognized by the United States Department of Education as a recipient of the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program, the highest official level of recognition that an American school can receive.
Sea Girt Elementary School had an enrollment of 161 students as of the 2011-12 school year.
- Dineen Seeley, Principal
- Dineen Seeley, Superintendent
- Dr. Brian F. Savage, Business Administrator
- Susan Keffer, Board Secretary
- District information for Sea Girt School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed October 27, 2014.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 8, 2014.
- Manasquan Public Schools 2015 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed May 29, 2016. "Manasquan High School receives students from seven sending districts; Avon, Belmar, Lake Como, Spring Lake, Spring Lake Heights, Sea Girt, Brielle, as well as our Manasquan Elementary School students."
- Sending Districts, Manasquan Public Schools. Accessed May 29, 2016. "Manasquan High School receives students from seven different districts; Avon, Brielle, Belmar, Lake Como, Sea Girt, Spring Lake, and Spring Lake Heights. Including our Manasquan students, the high school population is just under one thousand students."
- School data for Manasquan High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- "Blue Ribbon award nomination surprises officials at Red Bank school", Asbury Park Press, December 8, 2005. "In October, Sea Girt Elementary School was one of four schools in the state that received the Blue Ribbon honor for the 2004-2005 round."
- Schools selected as No Child Left Behind-Blue Ribbon Schools in 2005, National Blue Ribbon Schools Program. Accessed November 20, 2012.
- Staff. "CIBA cited as one of the best by Education Department", Journal Inquirer, November 16, 2006. "The Blue Ribbon award is given only to schools that reach the top 10 percent of their state's testing scores over several years or show significant gains in student achievement. It is considered the highest honor a school can achieve."
- "Viers Mill School Wins Blue Ribbon; School Scored High on Statewide Test", The Washington Post. September 29, 2005 "For their accomplishments, all three schools this month earned the status of Blue Ribbon School, the highest honor the U.S. Education Department can bestow upon a school."
- Data for Sea Girt Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed October 27, 2014.
- Board of Education, Sea Girt Borough Public Schools. Accessed October 27, 2014.
- New Jersey School Directory for Monmouth County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2014.
- Sea Girt Elementary School
- Sea Girt Elementary School's 2014–15 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for Sea Girt Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics