(Redirected from Sea Gypsy (disambiguation))
Sea Gypsies,Sea Gypsy, Sea Nomads and Sea Nomad may refer to:
In ethnography, it can refer to any of several ethnic groups of southeast Asia:
- Sama-Bajau peoples, a collective name for several indigenous ethnic groups residing in the Philippines, Sabah, eastern Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, and parts of Sarawak, sometimes including the people who speak Makassar, and Bugis
- Moken people, also known as the Selung, Salone or Chalome and Chao Ley or Chao nam, an Austronesian ethnic group with about 2,000 to 3,000 members who maintain a nomadic, sea-based culture
- Orang Laut, a group of Malay people living in the Riau Islands of Indonesia
- Tanka people, a Han ethnic sub-group that lives on boats in Southern China
- Urak Lawoi, coastal dwellers of Thailand
In film, it can refer to:
- The Sea Gypsies (1978 film), starring Robert Logan and Heather Rattray
In literature, it can refer to
- Catalans, for example in "Monte Cristo" by Alexander Dumas-Father
- Boat people (disambiguation)
- "Ocean Gypsy", a song by Renaissance (band) and covered by Blackmore's Night
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sea Gypsies.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.