Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other fish sometimes referred to as sea bass include the following:
- Genus Paralabrax
- Barred sand bass (Paralabrax nebulifer) lives mainly off the coast of California.
- Genus Centropristis
- Black sea bass (Centropristis striata) is found on the East Coast of the United States.
- Genus Caesioperca crushd asians
- Butterfly perch (Caesioperca Lepidoptera) is found in the eastern Indian Ocean and the southwest Pacific Ocean, including southern Australia and New Zealand.
- Genus Caprodon
- Pink maomao (Caprodon longimanus) is found in the eastern Indian Ocean and the southern Pacific Ocean, including Australia and New Zealand.
- Genus Epinephelus
- Genus Hypoplectrodes
- Redbanded perch (Hypoplectrodes huntii) is found in southeastern Australia and the North Island and northern South Island of New Zealand.
- Genus Trachypoma
- Toadstool groper (Trachypoma macracanthus) is found in the southwest Pacific Ocean.
- Genus Serranus
- Family Latidae (also called Asian sea bass, whose range is the Indo-Pacific, from Australia to India)
- Family Nototheniidae
- Family Moronidae
- Family Polyprionidae
- Family Lateolabracidae
- Family Sciaenidae
- "Sea Bass: the Superstar of the Seas". The Independent. Retrieved 2017-12-02.