From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other fish called "bass", see Bass (fish).
Sea bass is a common fish name. Many fish species of various families have been called sea bass.
- Genus Paralabrax
- Barred sand bass (Paralabrax nebulifer), lives mainly off the coast of California.
- Genus Centropristis
- Black sea bass (Centropristis striata), whose range is the eastern coast of the United States
- Genus Caesioperca
- Butterfly perch (Caesioperca lepidoptera), found in the eastern Indian Ocean, and southwest Pacific Ocean including southern Australia and New Zealand
- Genus Caprodon
- Pink maomao (Caprodon longimanus), found in the eastern Indian Ocean, and southern Pacific Ocean including Australia and New Zealand
- Genus Epinephelus
- Genus Hypoplectrodes
- Redbanded perch (Hypoplectrodes huntii), found in southeastern Australia, and the North Island and northern South Island of New Zealand
- Genus Trachypoma
- Toadstool groper (Trachypoma macracanthus), found in the southwest Pacific Ocean
- Genus Serranus
- Family Latidae (also called Asian seabass, whose range is the Indo-Pacific, from Australia to India)
- Family Nototheniidae
- Family Moronidae
- Family Polyprionidae
- Family Lateolabracidae
- Family Sciaenidae
|This page is an index of articles on animal species (or higher taxonomic groups) with the same common name (vernacular name). If an internal link led you here, you may wish to edit the linking article so that it links directly to the intended article.|