Seabear performing in Rotterdam
|Associated acts||Sóley, Sin Fang, Mr. Silla, Kimono, Skakkamanage.|
|Members||Sindri Már Sigfússon|
Guðbjörg Hlín Guðmundsdóttir
Örn Ingi Ágústsson
Kjartan Bragi Bjarnason
Seabear started as a one-man project of Sindri Már Sigfússon in 2003. Performing for some time as a trio from 2005, the band grew to seven pieces in 2006. Other members of Seabear are Halldór Ragnarsson, Örn Ingi, Sóley Stefánsdóttir, Kjartan Bragi Bjarnason, Guðbjörg Hlín and Ingibjörg Birgisdóttir.
The band has toured Europe and the U.S. and played numerous festivals.
The Ghost That Carried Us Away (2007)
In 2007 Seabear released its debut album, The Ghost That Carried Us Away, on Morr Music. Its best known song is "I Sing I Swim". It was featured on Grey's Anatomy in 2010, and the video for the song has been viewed more than 1,500,000 times on YouTube. The song "Cat Piano", from The Ghost That Carried Us Away, was featured in a BBC advert for Finding Neverland, as well as on Gossip Girl in 2008 (Season 2, Episode 2).
We Built a Fire (2010)
The band announced they are coming out of hiatus and returning with new music in 2019. 
All members of Seabear have other musical and visual art projects. In 2008, Ingibjörg stopped playing live with the band in order to concentrate on her career as a visual artist. In 2008, Sindri released his solo album Clangour under the name Sin Fang Bous; in 2011 he released his second solo album, Summer Echoes, and shortened his stage name to Sin Fang. Sóley is signed as a soloist to Morr Music. Kjartan is in a band called Kimono that has released three albums on Smekkleysa Records, a label founded by The Sugarcubes. Dóri (Halldór Ragnarsson) is a visual artist and former member of Kimono from 2001–2007, releasing two albums with the band. He is also a member of electro/house duo with Sindri named Spítali. Örn Ingi plays in the band Skakkamanage. Inga and Sindri are also visual artists and, like Dóri, they have exhibited in solo and group shows in Iceland and abroad. Guðbjörg toured with Sigur Rós during their 2012 and 2013 live shows, as part of the Okkr Ensemble.
- I'm Me on Sundays (Self-released; Sindri Már Sigfússon solo as Seabear)
- The Ghost That Carried Us Away (2007, Morr Music)
- We Built a Fire (2010, Morr Music)
- Singing Arc EP (Self-released)
- While the Fire Dies EP (2010, Sound of a Handshake)
- Teenage Kicks / Piano Hands 7" (2007, Morr Music)
- Lion Face Boy / Cold Summer 7" (2009, A Number of Small Things)
- Bergen, Molly. "Live Review: Seabear and Grandchildren at the Troubadour". LA Weekly. Archived from the original on 30 November 2017. Retrieved 15 July 2017.
- "Seabear", Clash Magazine.
- "Seabear on Grey's Anatomy", Myspace. Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- "The Okkr Ensemble Info", Facebook.