Seabrook Farms, New Jersey
|Seabrook Farms, New Jersey|
Map of Seabrook Farms highlighted within Cumberland County. Right: Location of Cumberland County in New Jersey.
|• Total||2.177 sq mi (5.640 km2)|
|• Land||2.167 sq mi (5.614 km2)|
|• Water||0.010 sq mi (0.026 km2) 0.47%|
|Elevation||108 ft (33 m)|
|Population (2010 Census)|
|• Density||684.7/sq mi (264.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||02390267|
Seabrook Farms is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located within Seabrook, which is in turn located in Upper Deerfield Township, in Cumberland County, New Jersey, United States. It is part of the Vineland-Millville- Bridgeton Primary Metropolitan Statistical Area for statistical purposes. As of the 2010 United States Census, Seabrook Farms's population was 1,484. Seabrook Farms is named after Charles F. Seabrook, a businessman who at one point ran the largest irrigated truck farm in the world in this region.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Seabrook Farms had a total area of 2.177 square miles (5.640 km2), including 2.167 square miles (5.614 km2) of it is land and 0.010 square miles (0.026 km2) of water (0.47%) is water.
|Population sources: 2000 2010|
The 2010 United States Census counted 1,484 people, 508 households, and 388.1 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 684.7 per square mile (264.4/km2). The CDP contained 548 housing units at an average density of 252.8 per square mile (97.6/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 32.41% (481) White, 44.54% (661) Black or African American, 1.21% (18) Native American, 1.15% (17) Asian, 0.00% (0) Pacific Islander, 13.01% (193) from other races, and 7.68% (114) from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 21.50% (319) of the population.
Out of a total of 508 households, 46.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 28.9% were married couples living together, 40.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.6% were non-families. 19.5% of all households were made up of individuals, and 5.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.92 and the average family size was 3.31.
In the CDP, 37.1% of the population were under the age of 18, 11.4% from 18 to 24, 25.1% from 25 to 44, 20.3% from 45 to 64, and 6.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 25.9 years. For every 100 females the census counted 84.8 males, but for 100 females at least 18 years old, it was 73.4 males.
As of the 2000 United States Census there were 1,719 people, 582 households, and 451 families residing in Seabrook Farms. The population density was 304.5/km2 (788.8/mi2). There were 607 housing units at an average density of 107.5/km2 (278.5/mi2). The racial makeup of Seabrook Farms was 33.86% White, 54.22% African American, 0.76% Native American, 2.04% Asian, 0.06% Pacific Islander, 6.52% from other races, and 2.56% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 12.91% of the population.
There were 582 households out of which 55.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 29.7% were married couples living together, 41.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.5% were non-families. 19.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.95 and the average family size was 3.33.
In Seabrook Farms the population was spread out with 42.8% under the age of 18, 10.1% from 18 to 24, 26.2% from 25 to 44, 14.9% from 45 to 64, and 6.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 23 years. For every 100 females there were 85.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 67.5 males.
The median income for a household in Seabrook Farms was $16,558, and the median income for a family was $22,500. Males had a median income of $24,479 versus $24,643 for females. The per capita income for Seabrook Farms was $12,499. About 28.3% of families and 34.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 42.2% of those under age 18 and 16.8% of those age 65 or over.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed July 21, 2016.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Seabrook Farms Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed November 4, 2012.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Seabrook Farms CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed November 4, 2012.
- American FactFinder, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- US Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, August 2012. Accessed November 4, 2012.
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Demographic Characteristics: 2000 from the Census 2000 Summary File 1 (SF 1) 100-Percent Data for Seabrook Farms CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed November 4, 2012.