Seacoast is a large American non-denominational church located in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina; a suburb of Charleston. It was founded in February, 1988 by Greg Surratt and a team from Northwood Assembly, another large church in North Charleston. Surratt continues to serve as Senior Pastor. Seacoast was one of the churches who pioneered the multi-site church technique.
According to their website, "Seacoast began in February 1988 with sixty-five people meeting in an apartment clubhouse. In April of the same year the first 'public' meetings were held in a rented theater with a vision for reaching out to the unchurched people of the Charleston area. The dream was to build a church." The church grew quickly with its contemporary worship style and support from its mother church, Northwood Assembly. Today, the church has over 10,000 worshipers who attend weekly.
The church went through several building programs and helped create the idea of having satellite services on off-site campuses. This idea of a multi-site church has won Seacoast praise as being the 7th most influential church in America from The Church Report.
The idea came out of necessity, however. In 2002 the church had over 3,000 people attending weekly service leading the church to request permits to expand their facilities with local officials. The town of Mount Pleasant denied all requests, however. The church then began to use a video feed to show sermons to an off-site location. This was so successful that Seacoast began to open other "satellite" facilities throughout the Charleston metropolitan area and throughout the state and now in North Carolina.
In 2006 the church's original campus in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina opened a new 100,000-square-foot (10,000 m2) facility and provides different style services for people who have different preferences in music and worship. The services, outside its original facility, are a live worship experience with a video teaching recorded at the original campus using the multi-site church philosophy for which Seacoast is recognized.
Seacoast currently has 12 campuses in two states, including an Internet campus.
List of Seacoast Campuses
- Main Campus - located in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- James Island Campus - located in James Island, South Carolina
- McClellanville Campus - located in McClellanville, South Carolina
- North Charleston Campus - located in North Charleston, South Carolina
- Summerville Campus - located in Summerville, South Carolina
- West Ashley Campus - located in Charleston, South Carolina
- John's Island Campus - located in Johns Island, South Carolina
- Asheville Campus - located in Asheville, North Carolina
- Columbia Campus - located in Columbia, South Carolina
- Greenville Campus - located in Greenville, South Carolina
- Irmo Campus - located in Irmo, South Carolina
- Manning Campus - located in Manning, South Carolina
- Internet Campus
Seacoast is an non-denominational Christian church and states its "sole basis for [its] belief is the Bible." They believe the Bible is infallible. Further, they believe in the Trinity, that God exists eternally in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
They believe that Jesus Christ "lived a sinless life on earth and voluntarily paid for our sin by dying on the cross as our substitute." They believe "He rose from the dead and is the only mediator between us and God." 
- Seacoast Church
- Greg Surratt's Blog
- Seacoast Church Worship
- Seacoast Church School of Worship
- Seacoast Church Marriage Conference
- Seacoast Church Women's Conference
- Seacoast Church Facebook Page
- Seacoast Church Twitter Account
- Seacoast Church Instagram Account