Sean Baker (American football)
Baker with the Atlanta Falcons
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||November 6, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Youngstown, Ohio|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||209 lb (95 kg)|
|High school:||Canfield (OH)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Sean Joseph Baker (born November 6, 1988) is an American football safety who is currently a free agent. He signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2012 as an undrafted free agent, and has also been a member of the Atlanta Falcons and Indianapolis Colts.
High school career
Attending Canfield High School, Baker helped team to an 8-3 overall record as a senior and a 29-8 mark in his career. He tallied 90 tackles and two interceptions.
Considered only a two-star recruit by Rivals.com, Baker was not ranked among the nation's top defensive backs. He committed to Ball State on December 27, 2006, picking the Cardinals over Eastern Michigan and Kent State.
After redshirting his first year at Ball State, Baker played in all 14 games in 2008 and started the final 10 to earn his first letter. He led the Cardinals with 91 tackles and tied for the Mid-American Conference lead with six interceptions, including one he returned for a touchdown against Indiana, and had 10 pass breakups.
Baker subsequently earned multiple All-Freshman honors, as he was named to FWAA′s Freshman All-America team, Sporting News′ Freshman All-American team, and Rivals.com′s Freshman All-America team.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Baker entered the 2012 NFL Draft, but was not selected. He signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers following the draft, on May 7, 2012. In his fourth NFL preseason game, Baker made two interceptions and a fumble recovery. Despite his performance in the game game, Baker was released by the Buccaneers on August 31st. On November 27, 2012, Baker was signed to the Buccaneers practice squad.
On October 22, 2013, Baker was signed to Atlanta Falcons practice squad. After being cut by the Falcons on August 30, 2014, he was re-signed to the regular season and promoted to the active roster. Baker played in five games for the Falcons in 2014 and was credited for two tackles. On September 4, 2015, he was cut by the Falcons.
- Sean Baker Profile - Football Recruiting - Rivals.com
- "AON Insurance/FWAA Freshman All-America Team". FWAA. January 8, 2009.
- "Sporting News' college football All-Freshman Team". Sporting News. December 16, 2008.
- "Rivals.com 2008 Freshman All-America teams". Rivals.com. December 17, 2008.
- Breiner, Ben (September 5, 2015). "Snead makes Saints roster, Wenning cut by Bengals". The Star Press. Retrieved September 12, 2015.
- "Indianapolis Colts make practice squad move". blogs.colts.com. October 29, 2015. Retrieved October 29, 2015.
- "Indianapolis Colts make practice squad moves". blogs.colts.com. October 31, 2015. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- "Sean Baker contract". Sportrac.com. Retrieved July 9, 2016.
- "Browns reduce roster to 76". ClevelandBrowns.com.