This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (May 2013)
He is best remembered for his performances on television in such series as Coronation Street, Z-Cars, Sutherland's Law, Oil Strike North, Survivors, Doctor Who (in the serial Horror of Fang Rock), The Professionals, Minder, Bergerac, Children of the North and Edge of Darkness. His film career included roles in I Was Happy Here (1966), Lindsay Shonteff's Run with the Wind (1966), the Hammer films The Viking Queen (1967) and When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (1970), The Human Factor (1979), Harry's Game (1982), Ascendancy (1983), Curse of the Pink Panther (1983), Resurrection Man (1998), Crossmaheart (1998) and Divorcing Jack (1998).
As well as acting he also worked as a set designer and writer, having authored the play Nora Surrender (1989).
- I Was Happy Here (1966) - Colin Foley
- Run with the Wind (1966) - Frank Hiller
- The Viking Queen (1967) - Fergus
- When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (1970) - Kane
- The Moon Over the Alley (1976) - Jack MacMahon
- The Human Factor (1979) - Policeman
- Ascendancy (1983) - Baird
- Curse of the Pink Panther (1983) - Doorman
- Resurrection Man (1998) - John McGuinness
- Crossmaheart (1998) - Carson
- Divorcing Jack (1998) - Joe
- "Sean Caffrey obituary: Unsung character actor always in demand". BelfastTelegraph.co.uk. 16 April 2013. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
|This article about a British television actor or actress born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|