This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||San Diego, California, United States|
|Sean Cody- Founder, Director MindGeek- owner as of Jan 2015|
|Products||Gay pornographic films|
Sean Cody is a gay pornography studio founded in Fall 2001, named after its founder Sean Cody. The website predominantly features young, muscular, white men in solo and hardcore scenes. Sean Cody has a strict model selection, with contracts requiring no prior pornographic experience ('exclusive' men).
Sean Cody was run by under a company named Cody Media Inc from 2003 until 2015 where it was sold to porn conglomerate MindGeek (who owns other competitor studios such as Men.com).  This raised some considerable questions around the quality and exclusivity of the content, as the same parent company owned the content-sharing websites that have negatively affected many other studios. A 2014 article by internet magazine Slate explained how "MindGeek has become the porn monopoly, putting industry members in the paradoxical position of working for the very company that profits from the piracy of their work."
See List of male performers in gay porn films for a non-specific list of notable actors.
- Simon Dexter (underwear model) 
- Aaron Savy, fitness model and Ultimate Fighter who has appeared on Hole in the Wall, a reality TV show
- Dayton O'Connor, Colby Keller, Paul Wagner and Brady Jensen ("Dayton", "Colby", "Barry", and "Jonah" respectively), now professional porn actors.
- Dakota Cochrane, who appeared on the 15th season of The Ultimate Fighter on FX, modeled as "Danny" on Sean Cody during the latter half of 2007—a decision he now regrets.
Jason Andrews, who appeared on the site as "Addison" in 2008, was arrested for first-degree murder in 2010. Addison was very popular among fans and he appeared in seven videos from April to July 2008. Andrews later pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
In June 2010, Devon Hunter, an escort and model who had performed in SeanCody videos under the name "Ryan", wrote a detailed account of his experience while filming for the company, claiming that he experienced homophobia on set and went on to criticize "gay for pay" scenes. An intense, international debate across many blogs began over the "gay for pay" debate in porn. It intensified when SeanCody released Hunter's personal information in retaliation to Queerty.com, which came under intense criticism for the outing and deleted the post.
In January 2012, SeanCody.com's parent company filed suit in a federal court against 122 unidentified file sharers for allegedly trading unauthorized copies of the site's first condom-free video, "Brandon & Pierce Unwrapped", in December 2011. This was the first time Sean Cody sued over online file sharing.
In 2014, 18-year-old high-school student Robert Marucci, who had performed in several SeanCody videos under the name "Noel", was briefly suspended from Cocoa High School in Brevard County, Florida. Marucci stated that he had been suspended because of his adult-film performances; school authorities denied this, asserting that they were responding to allegations that Marucci had threatened students who had taunted him for his after-school job. Marucci stated that he had taken the job to help support his mother, who expressed her approval of his conduct.
In March 2015, Teofil Brank, who had modeled for Sean Cody under the name Jarec Wentworth, was arrested for allegedly extorting a Magicjack Vocaltec Ltd. executive, Donald Burns, who is also a prominent Republican political activist. Brank was found guilty in July 2015. In October 2015, Brank was sentenced to six years in prison.
Awards and recognition
- "Cody Media Inc".
|last1=in Authors list (help);
- "Sean Cody Acquired by MindGeek (Men.com)". http://www.queermenow.net/. Retrieved 26 July 2016. External link in
- Auerbach, David (23 October 2014). "Vampire Porn". Slate. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- Atlanta, Project Q (2010-08-30). "Monday: Simon Dexter’s intense practice — Project Q Atlanta". Projectqatlanta.com. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- Juergens, Brian (2007-06-17). "Former gay porn star and Ultimate Fighter Aaron Savvy finds the "Hole in the Wall"". AfterElton.com. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- snicks on May 23, 2011 (2011-05-23). "AfterElton Briefs: Showtime Axes "United States of Tara," Matt Doyle is Stripped and "Bleeding Love," Discount Gaga, and More!". AfterElton.com. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- Dayton O'Connor at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Colby Keller at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Paul Wagner at the Internet Adult Film Database
- "Ultimate Fighter's gay porn career: "a big mistake," Dakota Cochrane says + reality blurred". Realityblurred.com. 2012-02-29. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Amanda Logue and Jason Andrews (PICTURES): Porn Stars Charged with First-Degree Murder". CBS News. 2010-07-19. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Former Sean Cody Porn Star Convicted of Murder | Out Magazine". Out.com. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- Thompson, Joe. "Former Sean Cody Porn Star Convicted of Murder". Gay.net. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Know Before You Go, Part 1: Sean Cody"
- "Diary of a Sean Cody Performer"
- Pardon, Rhett (2012-01-26). "Sean Cody's Parent Company Files Porn BitTorrent Suits Against 122". XBIZ.com. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- DeJohn, Irving. "Florida teenage gay porn star will return class after suspension". New York Daily News. 2014-01-21. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Brevard County District: Student can return to school after porn controversy". ClickOrlando.com. 2014-01-21. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Barchenger, Stacy. "Florida porn actor returning to high school classes". USA Today. 2014-01-21. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Cocoa High School Student Suspended For Being In Porn". Florida News Journal. 2014-01-21. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- O'Keeffe, Kevin. "WATCH: High School Senior Suspended, Then Unsuspended, for Gay Porn Gig". Advocate. 2014-01-21. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Tracer, Dan. "Sean Cody Stud Jarec Wentworth Arrested For Felony Extortion In Undercover FBI Sting." Queerty.com. 2015-03-23. Retrieved 2015-03-24.
- Hudson Hongo. "Porn Star Found Guilty of Extorting $500,000 From Telecom Mogul". Gawker. Gawker Media. Retrieved July 11, 2015.
- Chris Joseph. "Jarec Wentworth, Gay Porn Star, Guilty of Extorting Palm Beach Millionaire - New Times Broward-Palm Beach". New Times Broward-Palm Beach. Retrieved July 11, 2015.
- Javors, Steve (2009-12-16). "XBIZ Announces Finalist Nominees for 2010 XBIZ Awards". XBIZ.com. Retrieved 2012-11-16.