Sean Collins (ice hockey, born 1988)
December 29, 1988 |
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||184 lb (83 kg; 13 st 2 lb)|
Columbus Blue Jackets
HC Kunlun Red Star
|NHL Draft||187th overall, 2008
Columbus Blue Jackets
Sean Brendan Collins (born December 29, 1988) is a Canadian professional ice hockey forward. He is currently playing with HC Sochi of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). He was drafted 187th overall by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Collins played minor junior hockey with the Waywayseecappo Wolverines in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League from 2006 to 2008 before he was picked by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the seventh round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. He was signed to an entry-level contract with the Blue Jackets organization following the end of his last season of ECAC Hockey with the Cornell Big Red. He was assigned to Columbus' American Hockey League affiliate, the Springfield Falcons, where he played eight games and registered five points.
At the start of the 2012–13 season, with the NHL lock-out in effect, he was directly assigned to the Falcons. Midway through the season with the Falcons, Collins was recalled by Columbus and made his NHL debut in a 3-2 defeat to the Anaheim Ducks on February 18, 2013.
On July 24, 2016, Collins opted to continue his career in the Kontinental Hockey League, signing a one-year deal with Chinese entrant, HC Kunlun Red Star. In the 2016–17 season, Collins enjoyed a successful introduction to the KHL with Kunlun, scoring the team's first regular season goal and contributing offensively with 39 points in 60 games to help reach the post-season in their inaugural season.
On May 5, 2017, Collins moved as a free agent to fellow KHL outfit, HC Sochi, on a one-year deal.
|2005–06||La Ronge Ice Wolves||SJHL||1||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||5||0||0||0||6||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||6||0||1||1||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||8||0||2||2||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2016–17||HC Kunlun Red Star||KHL||60||13||26||39||26||5||2||1||3||0|
- Staff (2012-03-29). "Blue Jackets Sign Forward Sean Collins to Two-Year Entry Level Contract". Columbus Blue Jackets. Retrieved October 10, 2012.
- "2011-12 Men's Ice Hockey Roster: Sean Collins". Cornell Big Red men's ice hockey. Retrieved October 10, 2012.
- Canadian Press (2012-09-14). "Columbus Blue Jackets assign 20 players to AHL affiliate Springfield Falcons". The Hockey News. Retrieved October 10, 2012.
- "Ducks hang on for 3-2 win over Blue Jackets". National Hockey League. 2013-02-18. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "Capitals sign Carter Camper, Aaron Ness, Mike Moore and Sean Collins". Washington Capitals. 2015-07-01. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- "Kunlun has signed contract with Bellemore, Picard, two others" (in Russian). rsport.ru. 2016-07-24. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- "Sean Collins signs for Sochi" (in Russian). HC Sochi. 2017-05-05. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey centre born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|