Sean Durfy (born 1966) is a Canadian businessman, born in Corner Brook, Newfoundland. He is the former President and Chief Executive Officer of WestJet and was responsible for the day-to-day operations of Canada's second largest airline. On March 15, 2010, Durfy announced that he was resigning from his position at WestJet, which includes stepping down from the board of directors. Durfy noted personal reasons for his resignation. His resignation is effective April 1, 2010., but plans to stay on until September 1 to help ease the transition.
Durfy attained a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Dalhousie University with a major in Marketing and Finance. He has held positions at General Motors Super Group, MacLaren Lintas, Honeywell Limited and TransAlta Energy before his tenure with ENMAX Energy Corporation as President and Chief Operating Officer. Durfy joined WestJet in 2004 as Executive Vice-President, Sales, Marketing and Airports. He became WestJet's President in 2006 and added the title of CEO in 2007.
- Board member - Touchstone Exploration Ltd.
- Board member - Northland Power Inc (observer)
- Corporate Secretary - Rodeo Capital II
- Caroline Van Hasselt (Dow Jones Newswires), "WestJet's Durfy Had Succession Plans in the Works", Wall Street Journal, March 15, 2010
- Shakeup at WestJet as CEO Sean Durfy quits
- Durfy's bio at WestJet.com
|This biography about a Canadian businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|