Sean Durfy (born 1966) is a Canadian businessman, born in Corner Brook, Newfoundland. He is currently the Chief Executive Officer of Ascendant Group Limited in Bermuda, which is the parent company of Bermuda Electric Light Company Limited (BELCO) . He is the former President and Chief Executive Officer of WestJet and was responsible for the day-to-day operations of Canada's second largest airline. On March 15, 2010, Durfy announced that he was resigning from his position at WestJet, which includes stepping down from the board of directors. Durfy noted personal reasons for his resignation. His resignation was effective April 1, 2010., but he had planned to stay on until September 1, 2010 to help ease the transition.
Durfy attained a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Dalhousie University with a major in Marketing and Finance. He has held positions at General Motors Super Group, MacLaren Lintas, Honeywell Limited and TransAlta Energy before his tenure with ENMAX Energy Corporation as President and Chief Operating Officer. Durfy joined WestJet in 2004 as Executive Vice-President, Sales, Marketing and Airports. He became WestJet's President in 2006 and added the title of CEO in 2007.
- Board member - Ascendant Group Limited 
- Board member - Touchstone Exploration Ltd.
- Board member - Northland Power Inc (observer)
- Corporate Secretary - Rodeo Capital II
- Executive team at BELCO
- Sean M. Durfy Appointed New Ascendant CEO. Bernews, August 18, 2016
- Caroline Van Hasselt (Dow Jones Newswires), "WestJet's Durfy Had Succession Plans in the Works", Wall Street Journal, March 15, 2010
- Shakeup at WestJet as CEO Sean Durfy quits Archived 2010-04-30 at the Wayback Machine
- Durfy's bio at WestJet.com
- Sean Durfy Joins Board Of Ascendant Group, Bernews, September 2, 2016
|This biography about a Canadian businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|