Sean Ellis is an entrepreneur, angel investor, and startup advisor. He is the CEO of GrowthHackers and was previously founder and CEO of Qualaroo, an automated user research tool.
He attended the University of California, Davis and graduated in 1994.
Ellis was the head of marketing at LogMeIn and Uproar from launch to IPO. He was the first marketer at Dropbox, Lookout and Xobni.
He is an advisor to KISSmetrics and Eventbrite, mentor at 500 Startups, and a Board Member for Mavenlink and SignNow (acquired by Barracuda Networks). He also is an investor in Bitium.
Ellis has contributed to Entrepreneur Magazine and The Wall Street Journal.
- ^ Borrison, Rebecca (June 17, 2014). "The Most Successful College Fraternities In Tech". Business Insider.
- ^ Carney, Michael (May 23, 2013). "Original "growth hacker" Sean Ellis' Qualaroo hacks the marketing conversion funnel". Pando.
- ^ Holiday, Ryan (September 4, 2013). "What Is Growth Hacking? A Definition and a Call to Action". The Huffington Post.
- ^ Oshiro, Dana (March 3, 2010). "How to Prepare for Conversion and Optimization". ReadWriteWeb.
- ^ Norman, Jan (March 14, 2012). "O.C. mobile apps developer raises $2 million". OC Register.
- ^ Kincaid, Jason (July 22, 2010). "KISSmetrics: A Conversion Funnel Tool That Gives Your Site A Memory". TechCrunch.
- ^ a b Ellis, Sean (February 28, 2013). "Freemium Isn't for Everyone". Wall Street Journal.
- ^ "Eventbrite Investors". Eventbrite.
- ^ Ellis, Sean (April 17, 2013). "Bitium raises $2.4 million as it launches a SaaS operating system for the enterprise". TheNextWeb.
- ^ "Author Profile: Sean Ellis". Entrepreneur.