December 9, 1992|
Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.
|Alma mater||Ithaca College|
Sean Grandillo (born December 9, 1992) is an American actor, singer and musician, known for his roles as the Voice of Otto in the 2015 Broadway revival of Spring Awakening, Eli Hudson in MTV's horror series Scream, and Brett Young in ABC's comedy series The Real O'Neals.
Grandillo was born in Cleveland, Ohio and raised in Aurora, Ohio. He was educated at Leighton Elementary School and graduated from Aurora High School. He went on to attend Ithaca College for musical theatre, before dropping out to join the cast of Spring Awakening in Los Angeles. Grandillo is in a relationship with actress Kimiko Glenn.
In 2014, Grandillo auditioned for Deaf West Theatre's production of Spring Awakening while on a break from college, and moved to Los Angeles two weeks later to star in the musical. He stayed with the company as the show transferred to Broadway, playing the double bass in the band and providing the Voice of Otto, while deaf actor Miles Barbee portrays the role of Otto Lämmermeier in sign language. In 2015, he guest appeared as Cooper in two episodes of ABC's crime drama series Secrets and Lies.
In January 2016, Grandillo guest-starred in a Mariska Hargitay-directed episode of NBC's legal drama series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Chris Roberts, a high school senior accused of sexually assaulting a freshman. He then appeared in Justin Kelly's gay porn drama film King Cobra, alongside James Franco. In March 2016, he was cast in the recurring role of Eli Hudson in the second season of MTV's horror series Scream. He recurred as Kenny's boyfriend, Brett Young, in the ABC comedy series The Real O'Neals. In 2018, Grandillo starred in the role of Colin Cowher on the comedy-drama series Youth & Consequences. He also played Jeremy Travers, a love interest of Simon Saunders on the NBC show Rise.
On October 15, 2015, Grandillo released his first single, New. In August 2016, he released his second single, Why Is It so Hard to Change. On September 2, 2016, Grandillo released his first EP, also titled Why Is It so Hard to Change.
|Why Is It so Hard to Change|
|"Break Free / Problem"
(David Levitz and Sean Grandillo)
|"Latch / All of Me"|
(David Levitz and Sean Grandillo)
|"Why Is It so Hard to Change"||2016||Why Is It so Hard to Change|
|2012||Die from a Broken Heart||Rick||Short|
|2016||Madtown||Young Aaron Lewis|
|King Cobra||Caleb, Cobra Performer|
|2015||Secrets and Lies||Cooper||2 episodes|
|2016||Law and Order: Special Victims Unit||Chris Roberts||Episode: "A Misunderstanding"|
|Scream||Eli Hudson||9 episodes|
|The OA||Miles Brekov||Episode: "Homecoming"|
|2016–2017||The Real O'Neals||Brett Young||5 episodes|
|2018||Youth & Consequences||Colin Cowher||8 episodes|
|Rise||Jeremy Travers||Recurring role|
|2014||Spring Awakening||Voice of Otto||Deaf West Theatre|
|2015||Wallis Annenberg Center|
|2015–2016||Brooks Atkinson Theatre|
- "Lights up! Aurora High grad heads for Broadway". Aurora Advocate. August 19, 2015.
- Simakis, Andrea (December 19, 2015). "Suburban Aurora, Ohio, launches another Broadway career: Sean Grandillo in the hit revival of 'Spring Awakening'". The Plain Dealer.
- "THE FRIDAY SIX: Q&As with Your Favorite Broadway Stars – SPRING AWAKENING's Sean Grandillo". Broadway World. January 8, 2016.
- Tricarico, Angela (November 18, 2015). "Interview with Sean Grandillo: A Broadway Triple Threat". The Charger Bulletin.
- Slezak, Michael (January 20, 2016). "Law & Order: SVU's Mariska Hargitay on Directing Sexual Consent Ep: 'Lines Aren't Yet Drawn in Our Culture'". TVLine.
- "King Cobra Details & Credits". Metacritic. Retrieved September 28, 2016.
- Petski, Denise (March 10, 2016). "'Scream' Sets Season 2 Cast, Spring Premiere Date". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 11, 2016.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (September 29, 2016). "'The Real O'Neals' Casts Kenny's First Boyfriend (EXCLUSIVE)". Retrieved September 30, 2016.
- Anna Akana (February 15, 2018), Youth & Consequences Trailer, retrieved March 16, 2018
- Fienberg, Daniel (March 6, 2018). "'Rise': TV Review". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 24, 2018.
- "New – Single by Sean Grandillo". iTunes. Retrieved January 24, 2016.
- "Why Is It so Hard to Change – Single by Sean Grandillo". iTunes. Retrieved September 5, 2016.
- "Why Is It so Hard to Change – EP by Sean Grandillo". iTunes. Retrieved September 5, 2016.
- Sean Grandillo [@seangrandillo] (September 1, 2016). "My first EP "Why Is It so Hard to Change" is now available. I'm very proud of it..." (Tweet). Retrieved September 5, 2016 – via Twitter.
- "Necessarily Trouble by Sean Grandillo". iTunes. Retrieved September 4, 2017.
- "Break Free / Problem – Single by David Levitz & Sean Grandillo". iTunes. Retrieved September 5, 2016.
- "Latch / All of Me – Single by David Levitz & Sean Grandillo". iTunes. Retrieved September 5, 2016.