Sean Lowe (television personality)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Sean Thomas Lowe
November 16, 1983
|Alma mater||Kansas State University|
|Occupation||Reality TV Personality/Author|
|Spouse(s)||Catherine Giudici (m. 2014)|
|Children||Samuel Thomas Lowe|
Sean Thomas Lowe (born November 16, 1983), grew up in Irving, Texas. He is best known for his role on the seventeenth season of ABC's The Bachelor, which he earned by becoming the fan favorite during his time on the eighth season of The Bachelorette with Emily Maynard, where he placed third.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Television shows
- 3 Personal life
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Lowe was born in Arlington, Texas to Jay and Sherry Lowe, both devout Christians. He has an older sister, Shay. Lowe played football from a very young age and graduated at Lamar High School, and in which he was a member of Fellowship of Christian Athletes. He later attended Texas A&M University for one semester prior to transferring to Kansas State University where he received a football scholarship and took part in a 2003 Big 12 Championship Game.
The Bachelorette (2012)
Sean was the third-place finalist on Emily Maynard's season of The Bachelorette. He ended up going on two one-on-one dates with Maynard and one group date. In the ninth episode, Sean told Maynard that he was falling in love with her. Emily offered him an overnight date card to spend more time with him, but he did not stay the night as it didn't line up with Emily's beliefs and the example that she wanted to set for her daughter. Lowe was eliminated that same episode, despite being a front runner throughout the competition. He was heart-broken on the limo ride home. After sending him home, Maynard commented that she just sent home "the perfect guy."
Lowe was a fan favorite in Emily Maynard's season of the show. He was chosen to be the Bachelor for the following season.
The Bachelor (2013)
On the first episode, it was revealed that Sean would have a total of 26 women to choose from, instead of the usual 25. Sean eliminated Desiree Hartsock in the eighth episode. Hartsock went on to be cast as the star of the ninth season of the The Bachelorette. In the season finale, Sean proposed to contestant Catherine Giudici.
Sean and Catherine's Wedding
Over a year after he proposed to Catherine Giudici on his season of The Bachelor, the two were married on January 26, 2014, in a live television ceremony performed at the Four Seasons Resort Biltmore in Santa Barbara. Sean's father, Jay Lowe, officiated at the wedding.
Dancing with the Stars
Following The Bachelor, Lowe was a contestant on the ABC reality show Dancing with the Stars; his partner was season 14 champion Peta Murgatroyd. Lowe became the 12th and final celebrity be announced for the cast. Lowe was eliminated in week 8, placing sixth place overall.
Celebrity Family Feud
Celebrity Wife Swap
Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars 4
Who Wants to Be A Millionaire
Lowe is known for being extremely strong in his faith. When asked to categorize which denomination his religion falls under, he responded "I'm a Christian. And that's how I categorize myself, and you know, that's obviously a huge part of my life as most people know, and that's what's most important to me." He is actively involved in a movement called I Am Second. He posts videos and interviews about the movement frequently.
He has one dog, Ellie.
He occasionally goes on speaking trips. On October 1, 2014, he and his wife Catherine appeared at BreakthroughYM, River of Life Church in Cold Spring, MN. The following year, on the 11th of October, they visited the Covina Assembly of God in Covina, CA, and had an interview with Lowe's fast and recent friend, Pastor Lee McFarland. Sean Lowe released his first memoir in 2015.
On December 8, 2015, the Lowes announced via Instagram that they are expecting their first child. On July 2, 2016, their son was born and named Samuel Thomas. They announced on Twitter "God is good! We had a healthy baby boy."
- "Sean Lowe Profile". Kansas State Athletic Site.
- "ABC REVEALS THE 25 WOMEN OF THE NEW SEASON OF THE BACHELOR". ABC Media Net. December 5, 2012. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- Barney, Chuck (December 5, 2012). "'The Bachelor': Cast announced for upcoming season". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- Takeda, Allison (January 26, 2014). "Bachelor Wedding Recap: Sean Lowe, Catherine Giudici Get Married on Live TV". US Weekly. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- Clarke, Suzan (May 7, 2013). "'Dancing With the Stars': 'The Bachelor' Sean Lowe Voted Off in Week 8". ABC News. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- de Moraes, Lisa (March 12, 2013). "‘The Bachelor’ Sean Lowe is late addition to ‘Dancing With the Stars,’ looks to extend stay on ABC". The Washington Post. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
- Pomarico, Nicole (June 25, 2015). "Which Bachelor Alums Are Competing on Celebrity Family Feud?". Wet Paint. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- "S4 E09 Sean Lowe/Jason Mesnick". ABC Celebrity Wife Swap. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- "Catherine Giudici: I'm okay sharing 'The Bachelor' star Sean Lowe's abs". Reality TV World. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "Sean Lowe Biography". buddytv.com. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "River of Life Church - Welcome - Welcome". riveroflifeag.org. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "Interview with Sean and Catherine Lowe". covinaag.org.
- Lowe, Sean (September 18, 2014). "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: I’VE WRITTEN A BOOK!". Six Seeds. Retrieved May 31, 2016.
- "For the Right Reasons: America's Favorite Bachelor on Faith, Love, Marriage, and Why Nice Guys Finish First". Amazon. Retrieved May 31, 2016.
- McRady, Rachel (December 8, 2015). "Sean Lowe, Catherine Giudici Announce First Pregnancy: "It’s Happening!"". US Magazine. Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- Keaney, Quinn (July 3, 2016). "Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici Lowe Have a Baby Boy". PopSugar. Celebrity. Retrieved July 3, 2016.
- "Sean and Catherine Lowe from the Bachelor: Interview with Pastor Lee". Covina Assembly. January 9, 2016.
Juan Pablo Galavis