This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
September 9, 1989 |
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
Malto is from Leavenworth, Kansas, United States (US). Sean is of Caucasian and Filipino descent. He started skateboarding at the age of 10 at the hands of the inspiration of his older brothers Justin and Chris. Malto explained in a 2013 video segment for the Skullcandy brand that the Escapist Skate Shop in Kansas City supported his skateboarding from an early age and has never ceased in this role. His father expected him to attend West Point Military Academy, but Malto was ineligible due to an assault charge.
Malto's first skateboard deck sponsor was Girl Skateboards and, as of April 2015, he continues to be sponsored by the company. Malto's part in the 2012 Girl/Chocolate video Pretty Sweet was remixed by Girl and Ed Banger Records. Nearly ten minutes in length, the remixed part is edited to the Justice song "Brian Vision MMXIII" and "Secam" by Mr. Oizo.
At the finals of the Kansas City stop of the 2013 SLS competition, one of Malto's skateboarding trucks dismantled during the performance of a trick and he was subsequently eliminated as a contender.
In November of 2013, Malto suffered an extreme ankle injury that sidelined him from the professional skateboarding circuit for almost 3 years. An in depth documentary on his recovery was uploaded to Youtube in 2016. Malto's first video part since his return is 'Nike SB: Elite Squad' part which was uploaded to Youtube, the Berrics, and the Nike SB website.
As of 2017, Sean Malto's sponsors are Girl, Nike SB,  Spitfire Wheels, Thunder Trucks, Beats by Dre, Diamond Supply Co., Escapist Skateboarding, Bones Bearings, Grizzly Griptape, Oakley, GoPro and Mountain Dew.l
- Won: Transworld Skateboarding Magazine 2009 "Rookie Of The Year"
- Nominated: Transworld Skateboarding Magazine 2010 "Reader's Choice"
Business of Sean Malto
Founded by Australian surfer Josh Kerr and professional US skateboarders Mikey Taylor and Paul Rodriguez, the Saint Archer Brewing Co. is a microbrewery that is co-owned by the brand's "Ambassadors," including Malto. The team of Ambassadors includes professional skateboarders Eric Koston, Brian "Slash" Hansen, and Bryan Herman; professional and non-professional surfers Taylor Knox, Dusty Payne, Laura Enever, and Jeff Johnson; former professional snowboarder Todd Richards; photographer Atiba Jefferson; and surfboard shaper Chris Christenson.
- 2010 Cph Pro - 1st
- 2011 Street League Skateboarding Championships - Won
- 2013 Cph Pro - 3rd
- Rough Copy
- Through Being Nice
- Escapist: Fourteen Deep
- Etnies: Sangria Nights
- Transworld: And Now
- Street Dreams
- Gatorade: Go All Day with Chaz Ortiz
- Escapist: Red and Yellow (2012)
- Girl/AntiHero: Beauty and the Beast (1 and 3)
- Girl: Outbackwards
- Girl: Yanks on Planks
- Girl/Chocolate: Badass Meets Dumbass
- Girl: Yes We CANada
- Fourstar: We're OK EurOK
- Fourstar: Gang of Fourstar
- Fourstar: A Tribe Called Mapquest
- Etnies: Arizona (2009)
- Etnies: Etnies in Japan
- Etnies: Barcelona (2008)
- Etnies: Bratwurst Jam
- Transworld: Skate and Create (2009 and 2010).
- Girl and Chocolate: Der Bratwurst Tour Ever
- Girl/Chocolate: Pretty Sweet (2012)
- Chiefs Kingdom: Sean Malto (2013)
- Greenlabel: We Are Blood
- Nike Skateboarding: "Elite Squad" (2017)
- Brink in Skate (9 September 2010). "Happy Birthday Malto!". etnies. etnies. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- "Sean Malto Wins Street League". Grizzly Griptape. Grizzly Griptape. 2 September 2011. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- Satchel Hippy (11 July 2013). "Sean Malto Skullcandy" (Video upload). YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- "Team: Sean Malto". Girl Skateboards. Girl Skateboards. 2012. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- T.S. Fox (15 July 2013). "Girl Skateboards and Ed Banger Records Team Up to Remix Sean Malto's 'Pretty Sweet' Part". Hypebeast. Media Lab Limited. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- MYXGAMES2013 (9 June 2013). "Streetleague Skateboarding 2013: Kansas City Final" (Video upload). YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- "Team: Sean Malto". Plan B Skateboards. Plan B Skateboards. 2012. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- "Nike Skateboarding team: Sean Malto". Nike Skateboarding. Nike, Inc. 2012. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- "Sean Malto". Fourstar Clothing Co. Fourstar Clothing Co. 2012. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- "Team". ESCAPIST SKATEBOARDING. ESCAPIST SKATEBOARDING. 2012. Retrieved 16 September 2012.
- "Team". Grizzly Griptape. Grizzly Griptape. 2012. Retrieved 16 September 2012.
- "GoPro Proudly Welcomes Sean Malto to the Team". GoPro. Woodman Labs, Inc. 20 April 2013. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- Kailee Bradstreet (10 October 2013). "SEAN MALTO SIGNS WITH MOUNTAIN DEW". TransWorld Business. GrindMedia, Inc. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- Ben Kelly (15 June 2009). "11TH ANNUAL TWS AWARDS: SEAN MALTO WINS BEST ROOKIE". Transworld Skateboarding. Bonnier Corporation. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- Templeton Elliot (29 July 2013). "Mikey Taylor For Saint Archer". The Skateboard Mag. Strictly Skateboarding. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Our Crew". Saint Archers Brewery. Saint Archers Brewery. 2013. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "BEHIND RED AND YELLOW WITH SEAN MALTO". Skateboarder. GrindMedia, LLC. 10 September 2012. Retrieved 16 September 2012.