Sean McKenna (footballer)
Sean McKenna, Troon F.C. (October 2015)
|Full name||Sean Barry McKenna|
|Date of birth||28 July 1987|
|Place of birth||Bellshill, Scotland|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Shotts Bon Accord F.C.|
|2011–2012||→ Bellshill Athletic (loan)|
|2013–2014||Shotts Bon Accord|
|2016-||Shotts Bon Accord|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:30, 18 April 2017.
Originally a member of the Queens Park youth set-up, McKenna signed a YTS contract with Clyde in the summer of 2005, and made his début that season, coming on as a substitute in a 5–1 win against Brechin City. This turned out to be his only senior appearance of the season, but he was a regular in the Under 19 side.
McKenna was awarded a professional contract in July 2006, and made more appearances in the 2006/07 season. His first start came against Partick Thistle in November 2006. He was released by the club in May 2008, having only made 2 starts in three years, scoring no goals. He went on to sign for Camelon Juniors. He returned to the senior game in July 2009, joining Brechin City.
McKenna joined Bellshill Athletic after open trials in the summer of 2010. He moved onto Girvan the following season but returned to Bellshill on loan before signing for Petershill in 2012. McKenna joined Shotts Bon Accord in July 2013.
- Three players released Clyde FC – Retrieved 19 May 2008
- "Harty one of four Brechin deals". BBC Sport. 25 July 2009. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- McGilvray, Andrew (15 July 2010). "Bellshill net five new players after public trial". Hamilton Advertiser. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- "New faces check in at Hamilton Park". Carrick Gazette. 20 July 2011. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- SETS HIMSELF NEW GOAL.-a0300190643 "Sean sets himself new goal" Check
|url=value (help). Daily Record. 20 August 2012. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- Weston, Andrew (10 July 2013). "Shotts Bon Accord snap up striker Sean McKenna". Wishaw Press. Retrieved 15 July 2013.