|Born||November 26, 1974|
Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
|Occupation||CEO of Arcana Studio|
Sean Patrick O’Reilly is the owner and operator of Arcana Studio, a comic book company and animation studio located in British Columbia, Canada. He is considered to be one of the most prolific independent comic book writers in Canada, with his works having been published in eleven countries and in numerous different languages.
Notable graphic novels include Kade, which has gone on to be one of Arcana's top selling books, and has been published in numerous countries including Italy, Germany, France, Spain, Croatia and Poland. The first series by O’Reilly, Original Sun, came out in 2005, followed by Sun of Perdition in 2007, Shiva's Sun (2008), Rising Sun (2009), Red Sun (2010) and Prodigal Sun (2011). Kade In 2007, O'Reilly wrote The Clockwork Girl with co-creator Kevin Hanna. The steampunk fairytale went on to win the gold medal in the Moonbeam Awards. He followed up the success of The Clockwork Girl with The Gwaii after being inspired by the Queen Charlotte Islands. From 2011 to 2012, Sean O’Reilly wrote a book series called Mighty Mighty Monsters through Capstone Publishers. O’Reilly would later adapt the book series into three 44-minute animated specials of the same name.
O'Reilly created Arcana Studio's animation division in 2012. The studio's animated projects are based on the graphic novels within their library. The animation division's first project was the animated feature The Clockwork Girl, based on the graphic novel, followed by a 13 episode mini-series of Kagagi: The Raven, which aired on APTN in September 2014. This was followed up by the animated feature Pixies in 2015, which included voice actors Christopher Plummer, Bill Paxton and Alexa Vega. O'Reilly wrote, directed and produced Pixies, and also voices the main protagonist, Joe Beck.
In 2016, Sean wrote, directed and produced, Howard Lovecraft and The Frozen Kingdom, the first in the three part trilogy. It is the first animated film adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's work. The series was based on the graphic novel series written by Bruce Brown and published by Arcana.
Sean O'Reilly is a producer for all of the animated projects produced by Arcana and has written and directed a majority of the projects.
Comic book credits
- Clockwork Girl – co-creator/writer
- Dragon's Lair – editor
- Ezra – creator/writer/concept art
- Final Destination – editor
- The Gwaii – creator/writer/concept art
- Kade – creator/writer/concept art
- Kiss – Kompendium editor (through Harper Collins)
- Pixies – creator/write
- Paradox – editor
- Se7en – writer/editor
- The Steam Engines of Oz – creator/writer
- HBO's Entourage (Season 2, Episode 9) – set design and Angel Quest concept art
- Kagagi: The Raven – director, producer
- USA's Psych (Season 1, Episode 8) – set design and Green Spirit concept art
- SpikeTV's Red Lotus – producer, concept development and animation
Video game credits
- Capcom's Rockemen (writing and development)
- Disney Interactive's Turok (concept development and comic books)
- A Dangerous Man (Paramount Pictures) – producer
- Beatdown (Lions Gate Entertainment) – producer and writer
- Circle of Pain (Lions Gate Entertainment) – producer and writer
- Clockwork Girl – producer
- Corrective Measures – director, writer and producer
- Dancing Ninja – animation director
- Go Fish – writer, director, and producer
- Howard Lovecraft and the Frozen Kingdom – director, writer and producer
- Howard Lovecraft and the Kingdom of Madness – director, writer and producer
- Howard Lovecraft and the Undersea Kingdom – director, writer and producer
- The Legend of Hallowaiian – director, executive producer
- Paradox – producer
- Pixies – director, writer and producer
- The Steam Engines of Oz – director, writer and producer
|2015||Pixies||Joe Beck (voice)|||
|2016||Red Sonja: Queen of Plagues||Tevius / Brother 2 (voice)|
|Howard Lovecraft and The Frozen Kingdom||Spot / Cthulhu (voice)|||
|2017||Howard Lovecraft and the Undersea Kingdom|
|2018||The Steam Engines of Oz||Heflin (voice)|||
|The Legend of Hallowaiian||Mr. Griffith / Menehune (voice)|
|Howard Lovecraft and the Kingdom of Madness||Spot / Cthulhu (voice)||Direct-to-video|||
|2019||Go Fish||Alex (voice)|
- Business in Vancouver's Top 40 Under 40 (2008)
- Author and co-creator of The Clockwork Girl, winner of the Moonbeam Award for Top Children's Graphic Novel (2008)
- Foreword Magazine's recognition as one of the top Graphic Novels & Comics for The Clockwork Girl (2008), presented at Book Expo America
- Author of The Gwaii, winner of the Moonbeam Award for Top Children's Graphic Novel (2009)
- Vancouver Sun: Arcana Studio draws on a dream 10 June 2006
- Georgia Straight: Free Comics Boost the Luck of O'Reilly 30 June 2004
- UCLA Writing Instructors
- Telefilm Mentors
-  August 29, 2006
- Moonbeam Awards  February, 2010
-  3 April 2011
- Sims, Tony (2012-04-26). "Interview with Bruce Brown, Author of the Howard Lovecraft Graphic Novel Series". Wired. ISSN 1059-1028. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- Comic Book Resources: Clockwork Girl – Arcana's High-Tech "Romeo & Juliet 30 May 2007
- "Sean Patrick O'Reilly – 9 Character Images".
- "2008 Foreword INDIES Winners in Graphic Novels & Comics (Adult Nonfiction)". Foreword Reviews. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "2008 Foreword INDIES Winners Press Release". Foreword Reviews. Retrieved 30 October 2018.