|Born||1955 (age 59–60)
Portlaoise, County Laois, Ireland
|Alma mater||University College Galway|
|Employer||Raidió Teilifís Éireann (RTÉ)|
|Notable credit(s)||RTÉ News at One
The Week in Politics
Sean O'Rourke is an Irish journalist and broadcaster who works for the state TV company, Raidió Teilifís Éireann (RTÉ). He currently presents the Today with Sean O'Rourke show every weekday morning on RTÉ Radio 1.
An Arts graduate from the University College Galway, O'Rourke has previously worked for the Connacht Tribune, The Sunday Press, and The Irish Press. In 1989, he joined RTÉ News and Current Affairs. For RTÉ he has presented Morning Ireland, and This Week. In 1995, he moved to The News at One. On television he has presented Today Tonight, Prime Time and The Week in Politics.
He is chair of his university's Alumni Association.
O'Rourke has one ESB National Media Awards: Radio Broadcaster of the Year 1997, NUI Galway Alumni Award for Arts, Media & Communications 2007 and 2008 PPI News Broadcaster of the Year. In June 2011, he was awarded an honorary doctorate of laws from his alma mater, NUI Galway.
- "Pat Kenny highest paid RTÉ presenter in 2009". RTÉ. 11 November 2011. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "This much I know: Seán O'Rourke, Broadcaster". Irish Examiner. 13 February 2015. Archived from the original on 4 June 2015.
I’m a practicing Catholic. I feel I need to practice a lot more because I’m a long way from being perfect.
- "RTÉ News at One Profile: Sean O'Rourke". RTÉ. 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-10.
- "Sean O'Rourke, Chair of NUI Galway Alumni Association". 30 July 2013.
- "PPI Radio Awards 2008". PPI Radio Awards. 2008. Retrieved 2009-06-10.
- "NUI Galway Honours Four Outstanding Individuals with Honorary Degrees". National University of Ireland, Galway. 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-29.