|Full name||Sean Philip O'Hanlon|
|Date of birth||2 January 1983|
|Place of birth||Prescot, England|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Playing position||Centre Back|
|2004||→ Swindon Town (loan)||10||(1)|
|2006–2011||Milton Keynes Dons||157||(15)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:12, 13 November 2015 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 16:37, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
O'Hanlon started his career in his native Merseyside with Everton, but he did not make an appearance for their first team. He joined Swindon Town, initially on loan, and he became a regular in their first team squad and was made team captain after the departure of Andy Gurney in 2005.
He signed for Milton Keynes Dons in 2006 and featured regularly in their team. One of the most notable moments of O'Hanlon's career was when he scored a goal with a towering header at Wembley Stadium in the 2008 Football League Trophy Final victory against Grimsby Town. He missed most of the 2009–10 season due to a knee injury. At the end of the 2010–11 season, O'Hanlon was told his contract would not be renewed, despite having made 37 appearances that season.
O'Hanlon signed for Scottish Premier League club Hibernian on a two-year contract in June 2011. He lost his place in the Hibs first team after Pat Fenlon was appointed manager. O'Hanlon left Hibs by mutual consent on 31 August 2012. He played as a trialist for junior club Bonnyrigg in November 2012.
O'Hanlon signed for Football League One club Carlisle United on 11 January 2013, agreeing a contract with the club until the end of the 2012–13 season. on 12 April 2013 he signed a two-year extension to his contract. On 4 May 2015, O'Hanlon was released by Carlisle.
O'Hanlon signed for Stockport County on 29 May 2015 on a season long contract. He was immediately given the role of captain.. He left Stockport at end of the 2015-16 season.
|Swindon Town (loan)||2003–04||10||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||10||2|
|MK Dons total||161||15||5||0||7||1||9||1||182||17|
- MK Dons
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Mainstream Publishing. p. 315. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- Hardie, David (14 June 2011). "Hibs swoop for Sean O'Hanlon". Edinburgh Evening News. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- "Defender Sean O'Hanlon joins Hibs in two-year deal". BBC Sport. BBC. 17 June 2011. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- "Man City defender Ryan McGivern joins Hibs on loan". BBC Sport. BBC. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- Dempster, Martin (26 November 2012). "O'Hanlon keen on return to pro game". Edinburgh Evening News. Johnston Publishing. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Defender signs deal". Carlisle United FC. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- "Carlisle sign former Hibernian defender Sean O'Hanlon". BBC Sport. BBC. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- Sean O'Hanlon at Soccerbase
- "Sean O'Hanlon". www.fitbastats.com. Retrieved 19 June 2012.