Sean Punch (born July 27, 1967) is a Canadian writer and game designer. He is the author of the fourth edition of the GURPS role-playing game. Before he turned to writing he was a student of particle physics.
History with GURPS
After writing, editing, and contributing to dozens of books for GURPS, he took on the task of re-designing the entire rule system. He was assisted by David L. Pulver, another Canadian and veteran role-playing game designer. The original design for GURPS is by Steve Jackson.
Sean Punch is currently the Line Editor for GURPS. This is equivalent to being editor-in-chief of a book series, and the key decision-maker for new rules expansions.
In an attempt to acknowledge the quality and quantity of his work, some GURPS players have used his online nickname ("Kromm") to create a tongue-in-cheek cult. They leave messages in discussion groups pretending to "praise Kromm."
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Sean Punch|
For the Fourth Edition of GURPS
- GURPS Zombies: Day One (2015)
- GURPS Magic: Death Spells (2014)
- GURPS Power-Ups 7: Wildcard Skills (2014)
- How to be a GURPS GM (2014) with Warren Wilson
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 16: Wilderness Adventures (2014)
- GURPS Power-Ups 6: Quirks (2014)
- GURPS Template Toolkit 1: Characters (2014)
- GURPS Magical Styles: Dungeon Magic (2014)
- GURPS Social Engineering: Pulling Rank (2014)
- GURPS Zombies (2013)
- GURPS Power-Ups 5: Impulse Buys (2012)
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 15: Henchmen (2012) with Peter V. Dell'Orto
- GURPS Power-Ups 3: Talents (2011)
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 1 (2011) with Peter V. Dell'Orto
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 14: Psi (2011)
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 11: Power-Ups (2010)
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 6: 40 Artifacts (2009)
- GURPS Gun Fu (2009) with Hans-Christian Vortisch and S.A. Fisher
- GURPS Thaumatology: Magical Styles (2009)
- GURPS Martial Arts: Techniques Cheat Sheet (2009)
- GURPS Action 3: Furious Fists (2009)
- GURPS Action 2: Exploits (2008)
- GURPS Action 1: Heroes (2008)
- GURPS Power-Ups 2: Perks (2008)
- GURPS Power-Ups 1: Imbuements (2008)
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 4: Sages (2008)
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 3: The Next Level (2008)
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 2: Dungeons (2008)
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 1: Adventurers (2007)
- GURPS Martial Arts (2007) with Peter Dell'Orto
- GURPS Powers (2005) with Phil Masters
- GURPS Basic Set: Campaigns (2004) with David Pulver
- GURPS Basic Set: Characters (2004) with David Pulver
For the Third Edition of GURPS
- GURPS Horror GM's Screen (2002)
- GURPS Lite (1998)
- GURPS Undead (1998)
- GURPS Wizards (1998)
- GURPS Fantasy Folk, 2nd Ed. (1995)
Compilations and contributions
- GURPS Horror, 3rd Ed. (2002)
- GURPS Low Tech (2001)
- GURPS Monsters (2001)
- GURPS WWII (2001)
- GURPS Steampunk (2000)
- GURPS Y2K (1999)
- GURPS Bio-Tech (1998)
- GURPS Traveller (1998)
- GURPS Compendium I: Character Creation (1996)
- GURPS Compendium II: Combat and Campaigns (1996)
- GURPS Martial Arts, 2nd Ed. (1996)
- GURPS Fantasy Folk Arts, 2nd Ed. (1995)
Sean Punch has appeared in the following newspaper and magazine articles, websites and podcasts.
- RPG Countdown: Sean appeared on these episodes: 18 December 2009 (GURPS Thaumatology: Urban Magics).
- "The Bigger They Are, The Harder They Fall" in Pyramid #28 (Nov/Dec 1997)
- Regular contributions to Pyramid, Volume 3 from 2008 to present
- e23: Author Info: Sean Punch
- Shannon Appelcline (2011). Designers & Dragons. Mongoose Publishing. ISBN 978-1-907702-58-7.
- Steve Jackson Games Forums - So, how great is Kromm anyway?
- RPG Countdown. RPG Countdown on Facebook.
- RPG Countdown (18 December 2009). Retrieved 18 December 2009.
- Mini-interview with Sean Punch at RPG.net
- GURPS Wizards
- GURPS Undead
- GURPS Powers
- GURPS Martial Arts
- The PDF version of GURPS Powers