Sean Ross Abbey
|Sean Ross Abbey|
|Irish Grid Reference|
Sean Ross Abbey south of Roscrea in County Tipperary, Ireland is a convent and the location of St Anne's Special School run by the Sisters of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary. St Cronan is believed to have founded a monastery at this location in the 6th century.
Mother and baby home
A mother and baby home operated here from 1930 to 1970. Babies born in the home were put up for adoption, many of them in the United States. What records are available for Sean Ross adoptions are held by the HSE.
The graves of an unknown number of mothers and babies are located in the unmarked area known as the Angels Plot.
The main building was built about 1750 as Corville House, a country house with two storeys over a basement. Although much extended and fitted with UPVC windows, the house is listed as being of special architectural and artistic interest. The gardener's house and walled garden are also mentioned in the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage. Within the grounds are the ruined Corville Abbey with its associated small grave yard, an ice house and a lime kiln. There are also several functional modern buildings associated with the school 
- "St Annes Special School Roscrea". Stannesroscrea.com. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "RoscreaOnline St Cronan, Anthony Hamilton". Roscreaonline.ie. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "RoscreaOnline Sean Ross Heritage Open Day and upcoming events". Roscreaonline.com. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "Adoption Rights Alliance". Adoption Rights Alliance. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "BBC News - Magdalene laundries support scheme unveiled". Bbc.co.uk. 26 June 2013. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Banished Babies, author Mike Milotte, Published New Island, ISBN 9781848401334
- The Lost Child of Philomena Lee: A Mother, Her Son and a Fifty Year Search, Martin Sixsmith.
- Daley, Suzanne; Dalby, Douglas (November 29, 2013). "A Forced Adoption, a Lifetime Quest and a Longing That Never Waned". The New York Times. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- Brief Advert (7 June 2012). "Survivor's Anger at Sale of 'Angels Plot' in Roscrea - Tipperary Star". Tipperarystar.ie. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "Sean Ross Abbey, Tipperary North: Buildings of Ireland: National Inventory of Architectural Heritage". Buildingsofireland.ie. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "The Standing Stone: Corville Abbey, Co. Tipperary". Thestandingstone.ie. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "Shop.osi.ie Mapviewer". Maps.osi.ie. Retrieved 10 June 2014.