Sean St. John
Sean St. John
|Alma mater||York University|
|Occupation||Executive Vice President and Managing Director at National Bank|
Sean St. John is a Canadian banking executive and philanthropist from Toronto, Ontario. He is of mixed Mohawk First Nation and European ancestry. He currently serves as an Executive Vice President and Managing Director at National Bank of Canada.
St. John’s first two positions in his career was working as a Junior Bond Trader at Burns Fry and a Corporate Bond Trader at Richardson Greenshields. In 1996, St. John moved to National Bank. He began at National Bank as a Vice President of Fixed Income. In 2009, St. John became the Co-Head of Fixed Income and in 2012, he was brought in as a member of the Financial Markets Management Committee. He was eventually named as sole head of Fixed Income, Debt & Equity Capital Markets in 2015, and in 2018, he moved to serving as Executive Vice President and Co-Head of Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities, a position he currently holds.
St. John is well known for his philanthropic work, including co-chairing the 2018 Right To Play Heroes Gala, which raised the highest amount among charities in Toronto for that year. St. John has also been involved with The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation and has served on the Board of Governors of Road Hockey to Conquer Cancer, which supports the foundation. He is on the Canadian Advisory Board for Right To Play. In June 2019, he was a part of the Right To Play Youth Leadership Symposium.
In March 2019, St. John participated in a Tech4Good tournament, along with Bryan Trottier and other NHL pro hockey players, to support Connected North, a program using video technology to deliver education to students in remote northern communities in Canada. St. John also sits on the board of the Children’s Aid Foundation.
St. John lives and works in Toronto.
- "Connected North Champion Profile Sean St. John". Connected North. Retrieved August 29, 2019.
- "Sean St. John hopes to raise another $2-million through Right to Play Heroes Gala". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved October 23, 2019.
- "At Work with Sean St. John of National Bank – Talking Leadership and Values". finsmes.com. Retrieved August 21, 2019.
- "National Bank tops Canadian debt advisory in 2016". BNN Bloomberg. Retrieved August 21, 2019.
- "Right To Play's The Heroes Gala raises a record sum of $2.825 million to help children rise above their challenges". Retrieved August 29, 2019.
- "Benefits Toronto 2019". Retrieved August 29, 2019.
- "By The Slice - Featuring Sean St. John". Scotiabank Road Hockey to Conquer Cancer. Retrieved August 22, 2019.
- "National Bank donates $300,000 to Right To Play in support of Indigenous youth". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved August 22, 2019.
- "Sean St. John and Bryan Trottier hit ice to promote Connected North program". canoe.com. Retrieved August 22, 2019.
- "Children's Aid Foundation of Canada". Retrieved August 22, 2019.