Tse playing for South China in 2012
|Full name||Sean Ka Keung Tse|
|Date of birth||3 May 1992|
|Place of birth||Salford, England|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Central defender, defensive midfielder|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 May 2017.
Tse was born in Salford, Greater Manchester, to a Hong Konger father and an English mother of Irish descent. He went on trial with Manchester United in 2004 before joining Manchester City at under-14 level in September 2005. He spent the majority of seasons in the academy team, and was voted the Academy Player of the Month in November 2009.
In the 2011–12 season, Tse was included in City's B List squad for the UEFA Champions League. However, he did not make a single appearance for the Manchester City first-team and was released at the end of the season.
In August 2012, despite being linked with Oldham Athletic, Tse signed for Hong Kong side South China. He made his Hong Kong First Division League debut on 2 September 2012, coming on as a 74th-minute substitute in a 5–2 win over Yokohama FC Hong Kong at Hong Kong Stadium.
Tse is eligible for the Republic of Ireland through his maternal grand-parentage. Tse was called up for Republic of Ireland national under-17 team in April 2009 for two under-17 friendlies against Poland but he absented these two matches.
He has also shown interest in joining the Hong Kong national team and was listed on the training squad roster for the 2013 EAFF East Asian Cup in 2012. He was then called up by Kim Pan-Gon, the Hong Kong head coach, for the 2013 Guangdong–Hong Kong Cup.
- As of 28 April 2017
- Manchester City Academy Player of the Month: November 2009
- "Ka Keung Tse Sean". Soccerway. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "4. 謝家強". South China AA. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "Sean Tse joins Hong Kong's South China AA". 12 August 2012. Retrieved 18 April 2009.
- "Sean Tse". Manchester City F.C. Archived from the original on 9 June 2012.
- "Shay lands Player of the Month Award". Manchester City F.C. 9 December 2009. Archived from the original on 13 December 2009. Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- "Squad – Manchester City". UEFA. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "Match Results: 2 September 2012". Hong Kong Football Association. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- Sean McCaffrey calls two into Republic of Ireland Under 17 squad ahead of Poland friendlies, Football Association of Ireland, 21 March 2009
- Poland beat Ireland Under-17s in friendly at United Park, Football Association of Ireland, 21 April 2009
- Hong Kong Senior Training Squad for the qualifying phase of the 2013 East Asian Football Federation, Hong Kong Football Association, 23 August 2012