Seaport Hotel and Seaport World Trade Center
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Seaport Boston Hotel & World Trade Center is located on the Boston waterfront in the South Boston neighborhood of Boston, Massachusetts. The South Boston Waterfront is also known as the Boston Seaport District and the Innovation District.
The Seaport Boston Hotel, developed by Fidelity Investments and The Drew Company, opened in 1998. The first hotel to be constructed along the Boston waterfront, it is located adjacent to the World Trade Center which opened in 1986.
Facilities and Features
The AAA Four Diamond property is one of the premier facilities for conferences, meetings and exhibitions in New England with over 180,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space. The hotel features four restaurants - TAMO Bistro & Bar, Seaport Café, Bakery Café and TAMO Terrace (seasonal), as well as Wave Health & Fitness. Seaport features a 2,300 space underground parking garage , and has an established, award-winning environmental program, Seaport Saves.
The hotel contains Hypoallergenic rooms, and Forbes Traveler named Seaport one of "America's Greenest Hotels" in 2008. The hotel is also a member of the Green Hotels Association, which promotes environmentally safe products to be used in green hotels and its TAMO Bistro & Bar is a Certified Green Restaurant. The hotel features:
- 428 Guest Rooms
- 40 Meeting Rooms
- 44,600 sq. ft. Largest Meeting Room
- 180,000 sq. ft. Total Meeting Space
- 394 seat Amphitheater
- 120,000 sq. ft. Exhibition Center
- Complimentary wireless internet access
- Service-inclusive policy
- Complimentary access for overnight guests to Wave Health & Fitness
- MBTA “T” stop on campus
Awards and Accolades
Seaport Boston Hotel & World Trade Center has received numerous awards including:
- the Boston Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” award (first place, large company, 2006 and 2013)
- the Pinnacle Award from Successful Meetings magazine (most recently, 2015)
- the Good Earthkeeping Award from the American Hotel & Lodging Association (2013) and the Massachusetts Lodging Association (2013).
Notable stays and visits include:
- President Barack Obama
- President Bill Clinton
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
- President George H. W. Bush
- President George W. Bush
- Vern Troyer