Search marketing is the process of acquiring traffic or customers via search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo and others. Search marketing generally involves two disciplines: SEO (search engine optimization) and SEM (search engine marketing). Originally called “search engine marketing,” the shorter phrase “search marketing” is now often used as the umbrella term over SEO and SEM. The longer phrase "search engine marketing" — or SEM — is now typically used to describe paid search activities.
- "Search Marketing News & Tips from Marketing Land". Marketing Land. Retrieved 2019-11-05.
- "What Is Search Marketing? Beginner's Guide to Marketing through Search | WordStream". www.areinfotech.com. Retrieved 2019-11-05.
- "Search Engine Optimization & Search Engine Marketing – Eduards Marketing". Retrieved 2020-12-12.
- "What is SEO, Types of SEO & How it Works". Techmagnate. Retrieved 2020-07-02.
- "What Is Search Marketing?". Search Engine Land. Retrieved 2019-11-05.