Search retargeting is a form of behavioral retargeting employed by online marketers that target an audience based on the previous searches they conduct on other websites. Unlike site retargeting or site remarketing, search retargeting is designed to find new customers which have likely never been to a marketer's website before.
While search advertising is a method of placing online advertisements within the results of search engine queries, search retargeting attempts to extend the interaction with the same searchers when they move away from search query results pages to other online activities and websites. Search retargeting ads are typically displayed as banner ads. Companies in search retargeting include Captify, Nano Interactive, Chango Inc, Magnetic, Simpli.fi, and Yahoo!.
- "My Online Marketer". www.myonlinemarketer.co.uk. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- "Hot companies for search retargeting". iMedia Connection. 2010-06-30.
- "How Do Search Marketers Overcome The Creative Challenge In Graphical, Display Advertising?". 2011-09-02.
- "Search Retargeting, Where Search and Media Meet". ClickZ. 2011-05-04.
- "Why Display Is Changing The Value Of Search". Search Engine Land. 2011-09-02.