Sears Wish Book
||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (July 2015)|
The Sears Wish Book is a popular Christmas-gift catalog released by Sears Holdings Corporation, annually in August or September. The catalog contains toys and other holiday-related merchandise. The first Sears Wish Book was printed in 1933,  and was a separate big-book catalog from the annual Sears Christmas catalog.
Sears, Roebuck & Co.
In the same year, Sears discontinued publishing their big-book catalogs in the United States and the Wish Book noticeably started to diminish in size.  By 2005, Sears had completely abandoned anything resembling the original Wish Book and was producing the 2.5-by-2.5-inch Little Big Wish Book The mini-catalog was given to customers at Sears Auto Centers, placed inside packages that were purchased on Sears.com and Landsend.com, and was included inside the packaging of in-home deliveries.
In 2007, Sears once again created a holiday gift Wish Book'called more reminiscent of its predecessor, however, it was still considerably smaller than the original Wish Book at only about 100 pages. This was a stark contrast to the 300-plus page catalog previously produced. According to the Associated Press at that time, the Sears Wish Book was considered as a holiday treat in itself by generations of children who were hoping for the best  on Christmas morning.
In the 2007 edition of the catalog, half of the total number of pages was devoted to Christmas toys and the remainder focused on other store items including appliances, tools, clothes and jewelry. 
In the 2010 edition, Sears Christmas Wish Book went mobile  so customers would be able to access their catalog via smartphone devices.
In Canada, Sears continues to distribute their big-book catalogues, including the Wish Book. In 2012, Sears Canada chief Calvin McDonald hand-delivered Christmas catalogs  to mark the 60th Anniversary of the Sears Wish Book.
Sears Canada launched an iPad app for the 2013 Christmas Wish Book which is currently ranked as the number one free iPad app in Canada in the Catalogue category.
- "History of the Sears Catalog". searsarchives.com.
- Mourning the passing of Wish Book Era: Retailing: Sear’s Big book was more than a catalogue
- "Sears' Wish Book What Does Its Passing Say About Us?". philly-archives.
- Todé, Chantal (2007-10-03). "New Sears Wish Book a blast from the past". Direct Marketing News.
- "Holiday classic: Sears brings back Wish Book". msnbc.com.
- "Sears Wish Book Makes a Return". Multichannel Merchant.
- "Sears Wish Book Goes Mobile". hfnmag.com.
- "Page Not Found". sears.ca.
- Sears Canada chief hand-delivers Wish Books on old route
- "Sears Canada Launches 60th Edition of Its Annual Wish Book". Reuters.
- Sears Canada launches its updated shoppable iPad application with the Christmas Wish Book
- Wishbook Web - online scans of pages from several past Wish Books and other Christmas catalogs
- 1982 Sears Christmas Catalog - online scans of pages from 1982 Wish Book
- Sears Canada launches its app with Christmas Wish book
- Online version of Sears Wish Book