Seaside Heights School District
|Seaside Heights School District|
|Business Administrator:||Kevin O'Shea|
|Address:||1200 Bay Boulevard
Seaside Heights, NJ 08751
|Enrollment:||224 (as of 2009-10)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||21|
|District Factor Group:||A|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,635||42||1,472||11.1%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||55,000||39||52,691|
|Data from NJDoE 2009 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-6 districts with any number of students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=62
The Seaside Heights School District is a community public school district for students in Kindergarten through sixth grade from Seaside Heights, New Jersey, United States. The district's Board of Education is made up of five members, each elected to three-year terms.
From 2003-2012, the Toms River Regional Schools provided administrative, maintenance, food and other services to The Seaside Heights Board of Education. The Seaside Heights district had been overseen by Toms River central administration until April 2012 when the board elected to align with Central Regional superintendent Triantafillos Parlapanides.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "A", the lowest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Public school students in grades 7 through 12 attend the schools of the Central Regional School District, which also serves students from the municipalities of Berkeley Township, Island Heights, Ocean Gate and Seaside Park. The schools in the district (with 2009-10 enrollment from the National Center for Education Statistics) are Central Regional Middle School (grades 7-8; 651 students) and Central Regional High School (9-12; 1,349).
Hugh J. Boyd, Jr. Elementary School served 224 students as of the 2009-10 school year. The school was built in 1967, and is dedicated to Hugh J. Boyd Jr., its late, longtime Superintendent of Schools. Its addition built in 2005 is dedicated in the name of longtime Board of Education member Harry M. Smith III.
- Chris Raichle, Principal
Core members of the district's administration are:
- Triantafillos Parlapanides, Superintendent of Schools
- Kevin O'Shea, C.P.A., Business Administrator
- District information for the Seaside Heights Borough School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed May 24, 2011.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Adelizzi, Joe. "Board OKs school plan in Seaside Toms River district will run school, improve it", Asbury Park Press, September 18, 2003. Accessed April 12, 2011.
- Miller, Patricia A. Seaside Heights Drops Toms River Superintendent, Toms River Patch, April 24, 2012. Accessed July 31, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- Central Regional School District 2010 School Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 22, 2008. "The Central Regional School District is located in the Bayville section of Berkeley Township and draws from the constituent districts of Berkeley Township, Island Heights, Ocean Gate, Seaside Heights, and Seaside Park."
- Data for the Central Regional School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed May 24, 2011.
- Data for the Seaside Heights Public School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed May 2011.
- Meet Our Staff, Seaside Heights School District. Accessed July 31, 2013.
- Seaside Heights School District
- Hugh J. Boyd, Jr. Elementary School's 2010–11 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Seaside Heights Public School, National Center for Education Statistics
- Central Regional School District