Seaside Park School District
|Seaside Park School District|
|Central & Fourth Avenues
Seaside Park, NJ 08752
|Superintendent||Thomas Gialanella (interim)|
|Business administrator||Barry J. Parliman|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||71 (as of 2008-09)|
|District Factor Group||DE|
The Seaside Park School District is a non-operating community public school district that operated one school serving students in Kindergarten through sixth grade from Seaside Park, New Jersey, United States, until it closed at the end of the 2009-10 school year.
District officials announced in May 2010 that the school would be closing and that students would attend elementary schools in the nearby Toms River Regional Schools for grades K-6. Officials cited costs of $37,000 per student if the school remained open, versus $10,500 per student if attending the Toms River district. The shared services agreement was renewed for the 2013-2014 school year.
The district was classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "DE", the fifth-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Public school students in seventh through twelfth grades attend the schools of the Central Regional School District, which serves students from Island Heights and from the municipalities of Berkeley Township, Ocean Gate, Seaside Heights and Seaside Park. The schools in the district (with 2013-14 enrollment data from the National Center for Education Statistics) are Central Regional Middle School for grades 7 and 8 (632 students) and Central Regional High School for grades 9 - 12 (1,309 students).
- Seaside Park Elementary School had an enrollment of 71 students in the 2008-09 school year.
- Thomas Matthews, Principal
Core members of the district's / school's administration were:
- Thomas Gialanella, Interim Superintendent
- Barry J. Parliman, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for the Seaside Park Borough School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed February 17, 2011.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Staff. "Seaside Park Elementary School closing", News 12 New Jersey, May 12, 2010. Accessed May 12, 2010.
- Kyriakakis, Gregory. "School District Renews Shared Services Agreement With Seaside Park". Toms River Patch, February 22, 2013. Accessed December 24, 2014. "Seaside Park closed the Seaside Park Elementary School in 2010 and formed the sending arrangement for K-6 students with Toms River."
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 8, 2014.
- Central Regional School District 2015 School Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 5, 2016. "The Central Regional School District is located in the Bayville section of Berkeley Township and draws from the constituent districts of Berkeley Township, Island Heights, Ocean Gate, Seaside Heights, and Seaside Park."
- School Data for the Central Regional School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed June 5, 2016.
- Central Regional Middle School, Central Regional School District. Accessed June 5, 2016.
- Central Regional High School, Central Regional School District. Accessed June 5, 2016.
- Schools, Central Regional School District. Accessed June 5, 2016.
- New Jersey School Directory for the Central Regional School District, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 5, 2016.
- School Data for the Seaside Park Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed February 17, 2011.
- of Education Board of Education, Seaside Park School District. Accessed August 24, 2008.
- Seaside Park Elementary School
- Seaside Park Elementary School's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the Seaside Park Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics
- Central Regional School District