Seaside Siren Roller Girls
|Teams||The Coast Busters (A team)
Heartless Beaches (B team)
|Venue||Southend Leisure and Tennis Centre|
The Seaside Siren Roller Girls (SSRG) are a roller derby league based in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, in England. Founded in 2009, the league consists of two teams, which compete against teams from other leagues. Seaside is a member of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA).
The league was founded in November 2009 by six skaters who had formerly skated with another league, but wanted to play closer to their home town. The league began practising on Canvey Island, and had fourteen skaters by early 2010. It played its first bout in April 2011, when it faced the Norfolk Brawds.
In June 2012, the Seaside Sirens were accepted as a member of the United Kingdom Roller Derby Association, while in October 2013, they were accepted as a member of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association Apprentice Programme. Seaside became a full member of the WFTDA in January 2016.
- "Seaside Siren Roller Girls – WFTDA". wftda.com. WFTDA. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- "About SSRG", SSRG
- Emma Palmer, "Rollerball meets St Trinian's!", Southend Standard, 21 January 2010
- "Roller derby team is all set for wheelie good time!", Echo, 12 February 2011
- "Welcome Seaside Sirens to the UKRDA family", 17 June 2012
- "WFTDA Accepts 28 Apprentice Leagues", WFTDA, 29 October 2013
- "WFTDA Welcomes26 New Member Leagues - LatestNews - Women’s Flat Track Derby Association". wftda.org. WFTDA. 8 January 2016. Retrieved 16 April 2017.