Parks and water are prominent attractions
|Population||316 (2011 census)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Wellington|
|State electorate(s)||Gippsland East|
Seaspray is a small coastal town in Victoria, Australia, in the Gippsland region of the state. The town is located alongside the Ninety Mile Beach about 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) off the South Gippsland Highway in the Shire of Wellington, 242 kilometres (150 mi) east of the state capital, Melbourne. At the 2011 census, Seaspray had a population of 316.
Seaspray's main recreational features and tourism attractions focus around swimming, surfing and other watersports, as well as fishing on the Ninety Mile Beach. There is also fishing in the creek, walks, tennis, picnic and playground facilities, and regular markets.
The town is home to a Surf Life Saving Club and hosts annual Surf Life Saving Carnivals. In 2015 the Seaspray Surf Life Saving Club underwent a $2.6 million rebuild after the previous club rooms had been badly damaged by violent storms in 2007. This first stage of the rebuild included better operational control facilities, a first-aid centre, equipment storage, and a social function area with views across the town and beach. Future stages of the work will include a patrol tower, extensive outside decking to expand the function area, and greater storage facilities.
North-east along the Ninety Mile Beach
- "2011 Census QuickStats: Seaspray". Official site. Australian Bureau of Statistics. 30 October 2012. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "Seaspray Demographics (VIC) Local Stats". Qpzm LocalStats. Qpzm. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "SEASPRAY information & attractions". Travel Victoria. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "Seaspray Victoria Australia". Gippsland and Beyond. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "Seaspray SLSC work begins". Gippsland Times. Fairfax Media. 16 February 2015. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "History of the Great Victorian Bike Ride". Official site. Bicycle Network Victoria. Archived from the original on 10 January 2013. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- Gippsland Times. 2017. Whales off Seaspray. Retrieved on September 06, 2017
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seaspray, Victoria.|
|This article about a location in Gippsland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|