Seattle Internet Exchange
|Full name||Seattle Internet Exchange|
|Location||Seattle, Washington, US|
|Daily (avg.)||705 Gbit/s|
The Seattle Internet Exchange (SIX) is an Internet exchange point in Seattle, USA. It has two locations in the city: the Westin Building and KOMO Plaza (formerly Fisher Plaza). The SIX is a fast-growing, neutral and independent peering point which was created as a free exchange point sponsored only by donations. It continues to run without any recurring charges to the participants and current major funding comes from one-time 10 and 100 Gbit/s port fees. The SIX is a 501(c)(6) tax-exempt non-profit corporation.
As of June 29, 2018 there are 325 routers at the Seattle Internet Exchange (SIX) advertising at least 92,000 unique Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) routes. There are two route servers running Bird Internet routing daemon (BIRD).
The core of the Seattle Internet Exchange (SIX) is an Arista Networks 7508E and a 7512R at the Westin Building, an Extreme Networks X670 at KOMO Plaza (formerly Fisher Plaza), and a Cisco Nexus 3524P at Sabey IGX. Participants may connect to the SIX core using a 1 Gbit/s, 10 Gbit/s or 100 Gbit/s Ethernet connection (fiber) or to one of several extensions. Many of the extensions are sponsored by the colocation facilities in the building, and many of these extensions support 100BASE-TX or greater connections.
The following is a list of the extensions connected to the SIX:
- Cipherkey: Connects participants in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Colocation Northwest (was Swift): 20th floor of the Westin Building.
- ColoCenters: 18th floor of the Westin Building.
- Console Connect Inc.: Worldwide WAN.
- Equinix: PAIX SEA, which is a neutral Internet exchange point operated by Equinix in Seattle, Washington.
- Green House Data (was FiberCloud): 18th and 19th floor of the Westin Building.
- Minnesota VoIP: Connects participants in Minnesota.
- Sabey Data Centers Intergate Xchange (IGX): Regional network.
- Wave Broadband: Regional network.
- Wowrack: Wowrack datacenter in Tukwila, Washington.
- XM-DCIP: Connects participants in Salt Lake City, Utah.