Sebastian "Seb" Lester (born 1972 in London) is an English artist, type designer and calligrapher. Lester is notable for prominent type designs and calligraphic prints. He is also known for his videos of hand drawn calligraphy, often of famous brands, published on social media.
Lester is notable for his 2009–2010 redesigns for Penguin imprint Hamish Hamilton of four covers of J. D. Salinger books, including The Catcher in the Rye and Franny and Zooey.  Lester is notable for his design of the official font, Neo Sans, of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics. A customized version of Neo is also used by Intel. Lester also helped develop the mastheads for The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph in the UK and the Waitrose corporate typeface. Lester designed the September 28, 2009 cover of Business Week. In 2014 it was reported he had been commissioned by NASA to design the logo for the Surface Water and Ocean Topography (SWOT) mission.
In addition to type design, Lester is famous for his prints, many of which are characterized by words built up of rich, dense calligraphic strokes and flourishes. Lester's design process is recorded in a February 11, 2010 Creative Review blog article and can also be seen in his short videos.
He can be considered to be best known by the wider public for viral videos of him hand-drawing well known logos. These have been widely reported in publications such as Huffington Post, the UK Daily Mirror, Fast Company and Buzzfeed. As of mid-June 2015 Seb Lester had nearly 1 Million followers across his social media accounts where he publishes videos of him performing his calligraphy. In March 2016, his work makes the cover of the 33rd issue of Very Nearly Almost where he talks about the effects of the digital media presence in his career and creative process. In June 2015 he was also featured in a BBC video report, where he was referred to as the "Banksy of calligraphy".
Lester studied graphic design at Central Saint Martins in London, graduating in 1997, and started designing typefaces for Monotype in the early 21st Century. He lives and works in East Sussex, England.
- Zoroaster, for T.26 Foundry
- Cuban, for T.26 Foundry
- Equipoize, for T.26 Foundry
- Neo Sans and Neo Tech, for Monotype Imaging
- Scene, released in 2002 by Monotype Imaging
- Soho, for Monotype Imaging
- "Seb Lester Designs Logo for NASA Space Mission - Logo Designer". www.logo-designer.co. 15 August 2014.
- "Instagram post by Seb Lester • Jun 8, 2015 at 3:03pm UTC". Instagram.
- "LADbible". www.facebook.com.
- Frank, Priscilla (7 May 2015). "This Calligraphy Wizard Can Recreate Any Font With His Pen" – via Huff Post.
- "Watch A Calligrapher Recreate Famous Logos In Mere Seconds". 27 March 2015.
- "This Guy's Calligraphy Instagrams Will Make You Feel Immensely Calm". BuzzFeed.
- "Seb Lester". www.facebook.com.
- "Seb Lester (@seblester) • Instagram photos and videos". instagram.com.
- "Seb Lester". YouTube.
- "VNA 33 – Out Now!". 14 March 2016.
- "How video saved the calligraphy star". BBC News. 18 June 2015.
This section's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (December 2017)
- Seb Lester's official website
- Biography of Sebastian Lester at Monotype Imaging 
- Interview with Seb Lester at I Love Typography 
- ‘Dreams’, ‘Stars’ & ‘So Much To Do’ — 3 new limited edition prints by Seb Lester. Article at I Love Typography 
- Blazing — A new limited edition print by Seb Lester. Article at I Love Typography 
-  Interview with Seb Lester on Workspiration
- The Guardian article about JD Salinger Book Covers in 
- Huffington Post article about Seb Lester's calligraphy videos 
- UK Daily Mirror article about Seb Lester's calligraphy videos 
- Buzzfeed article about Seb Lester's calligraphy videos 
- AdWeek article about Seb Lester's calligraphy videos 
- Fast Design article about Seb Lester's calligraphy videos 
- Yahoo! article about Seb Lester and calligraphy 
- Logo Designer article about Seb Lester's work for the NASA SWOT mission logo 
- A video example of Seb Lester's working method and calligraphy style 
- Seb Lester YouTube Channel featuring his calligraphy work