|Full name||Sebastián Bruno Fernández Miglierina|
|Date of birth||23 May 1985|
|Place of birth||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Height||1.67 m (5 ft 6 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 8 March 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 16 November 2012
Born in Montevideo, Fernández started his professional playing career in 2004 with Miramar Misiones. In 2007, he joined Defensor Sporting Club where he was part of the team that won the Apertura 2007 championship and the Copa Uruguaya 2008.
In 2008, he joined Argentine Club Atlético Banfield, where in 2009 he was a key member of the squad that won the Apertura 2009 championship appearing in 16 of their 19 games. On 13 December 2009 he celebrated with his team mates when Banfield won the Argentine championship for the first time in the history of the club.
In July 2010 he had a medical with La Liga side Málaga CF. On 5 August 2010 he signed a contract with Málaga for four years and his transfer cost the Spanish side €3.6 million. He already started to pay off some of his fee as he scored a goal on his debut in a home match against Valencia CF on 28 August 2010. He finished the season with 7 league goals, being the club's second best goalscorer.
In 2011–12, after the summer signing of Ruud van Nistelrooy, Seba was demoted to third choice striker, often coming on as a substitute. On 21 November he started as a right winger against Racing and scored his first goal of the season, in a 3–1 away win. Exactly one year later he scored his first Champions League group stage goal in a 2–2 away draw against FC Zenit Saint Petersburg.
Fernandez signed for Rayo Vallecano in the summer of 2013 but got an injury early in the season ruling him out of the majority of the campaign. His 86th-minute header in Rayo's 3–0 win against Granada on 26 April 2014 was his first goal in more than two years.
|1.||12 October 2010||Wuhan Sports Center Stadium, Wuhan, China||China PR||0–4||0–4||Friendly|
|2.||15 November 2011||Stadio Olimpico, Rome, Italy||Italy||0–1||0–1||Friendly|
- Defensor Sporting
- "Ficha de jugador de selección: Sebastián Fernández". Tenfield. Archived from the original on 25 December 2008. Retrieved 27 January 2009.
- Sebastián Fernández will be presented to Media and will flight to Germany with the team. Archived 14 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine Málagacf.com (in Spanish)
- "Granada v Rayo Vallecano". sportinglife.com. 26 April 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "'Seba' Fernández, del Rayo Vallecano al Nacional" ['Seba' Fernández, from Rayo Vallecano to Nacional] (in Spanish). El Mundo Deportivo. 1 August 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2014.