|Full name||Sebastián Miguel|
7 February 1931|
15 July 2006 (aged 75)|
|Former tour(s)||European Tour|
|Best results in major championships|
|Masters Tournament||CUT: 1961, 1962, 1964|
|The Open Championship||T6: 1965|
Miguel was born in Madrid. He won several major tournaments around Europe during the 1950s and 60s, including the Spanish Open in 1954, 1960 and 1967 and the Portuguese Open in 1959. He also won the Spanish Professionals Championship four times.
Miguel represented his country in the World Cup on eleven occasions. He finished in runners-up spot in the team event twice, in 1958 partnered by his brother Ángel, who also had a successful professional career, and again in 1963 partnered by Ramón Sota.
Miguel performed well in The Open Championship, finishing in the top ten four times, with a best of tied for 6th place in 1967. In the 1961 Open he tied for 14th alongside his brother. He also played in the U.S. Masters three times, but never made the cut.
- 1954 Spanish Open
- 1955 Monte Carlo Open
- 1958 Spanish Professionals Championship
- 1959 Portuguese Open
- 1960 Spanish Open
- 1963 Open de Castilla
- 1966 Spanish Professionals Championship
- 1967 Spanish Open, Spanish Professionals Championship
- 1968 Spanish Professionals Championship
Results in major championships
|The Open Championship||CUT||T40||T15||T26||CUT||T26||T14||T12||T9||CUT||T8||T8||T6||T21|
CUT = missed the half-way cut
"T" indicates a tie for a place
- World Cup (representing Spain): 1954, 1955, 1956, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1963, 1966, 1967, 1968
- Joy Cup (representing the Rest of Europe): 1954, 1956, 1958
- "Fallece Sebastián Miguel, golfista de gran prestigio en la década de los cincuenta". www.sportlider.com (in Spanish). 15 July 2006. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "Most appearances in World Cup history". PGA Tour. Archived from the original on 2009-11-28. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- Alliss, Peter (1983). The Who's Who of Golf. Orbis Publishing. p. 325. ISBN 0-85613-520-8.