This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sebastian Faena (born September 15 1990) is a fashion photographer and film director. He has photographed numerous celebrities and models. Faena has worked with Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele, Katie Grand, Miuccia Prada and Carine Roitfeld. He has photographed campaigns for BCBG Max Azria, Blumarine, DVF by Diane von Furstenberg, Georg Jensen, Lord & Taylor, Mavi Jeans and Sam Edelman. Faena has photographed covers for Pop, V, Vogue Turkey, and six international versions of Harper's Bazaar. Several of his editorials have been publicized for their controversial themes.
Faena was born and raised in Buenos Aires, Argentina. He studied literature and music at Columbia University for two years before leaving to pursue his first feature film, La Mujer Rota—released to both controversy and acclaim in his native Buenos Aires in the fall of 2007. La Mujer Rota was shown at the 2013 Monterrey Film Festival in Monterrey, Mexico.
In 2008, he made his editorial debut with a twenty-page story in V Magazine. he photographed six portrait covers and an editorial for Pop magazine in 2008; and Ashley Olsen for V Man in 2009. For V magazine he also photographed Lady Gaga in 2009; editorial in 2010; three covers and cover editorials including Sky Ferreira, Grimes, and Charli XCX; Celine Dion; and Valeria Lukyanova in 2012. He photographed gymnast Nadia Comaneci with Carine Roitfeld for CR Fashion Book in 2013; and editorial for Harper's Bazaar with Irina Shayk and Kate Upton – the editorial appeared in 26 versions of the magazine, and from this editorial appeared on the covers of six versions. He photographed Cindy Crawford in 2013; covers and editorials for Vogue Turkey including with Milla Jovovich; and editorials for Vogue Japan.
In 2016, he launched his own magazine Act 1, (starring Natasha Poly and Jordan Barrett) in collaboration with The Daily Front Row. Since then, he has released two more issues–featuring Camila Morrone, Stella Maxwell, and Miles McMillan.
He lives and works in New York City.
- Reddinger, Paige (2016-03-17). "IMG Signs Photographer Sebastian Faena". Daily Front Row. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- "Dolores Fonzi, el otro yo de Sebastián Faena". La Nacion. 24 October 2007. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- Libedinsky, Juana (15 September 2012). "El argentino que retrata el glamour". La Nacion. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "Desarma y Sangra". escribiendocine.com/. escribiendocine. 7 July 2011. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- Eli Robes, Marta (26 August 2013). "La Mujer Rota… un corto para odiarse o para amarse…". Crucero. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "The Six Faces of 'Pop' Finally Revealed!". nymag.com. New York Magazine. 4 August 2008. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- O'Neill, Liisa (14 May 2009). "Lady is a vamp! Ashley Olsen goes brunette, dons wig for VMAN Magazine". New York Daily News. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "In pictures: behind the scenes with Lady Gaga". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "V Magazine Lady Gaga". models.com. models.com. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- Marino, Mark (18 June 2010). "V Magazine Celebrates World Cup With Sexy 'Footballers' Wives' Spread". main.stylelist.com. Stylelist. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- Combs, Taylor (18 June 2010). "WAGs Go Wild In V Magazine's Footballer Editorial (NSFW)". refinery29.com. Refinery29. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- Cowles, Charlotte (2 July 2012). "Exclusive Video: Sky Ferreira Poses With a Cute Little Mouse for V". nymag.com. New York Magazine. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- Vultaggio, Maria (23 August 2012). "Celine Dion's Risqué High-Fashion Shoot With 'V Magazine:' Is The Singer Having A Midlife Crisis? [PHOTOS]". International Business Times. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "The Voice". V Magazine (79). Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "'Living Barbie' Valeria Lukyanova Poses for V Magazine". lolset.com. STB Media. 10 November 2012. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- Okwodu, Janelle (27 February 2013). "Exclusive : CR Fashion Book's Olympic Spirit". models.com. models.com. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- Cowles, Charlotte (5 April 2013). "Exclusive: Carine Roitfeld Shoots Kate Upton, Tiger Cubs". nymag.com. New York Magazine. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- Zimmerman, Amy (13 November 2013). "Cindy Crawford Opens Up on Her Supermodel Stardom to V magazine". thedailybeast.com. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- Okwodu, Janelle (12 November 2013). "Cindy C". models.com. models.com. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- Lasane, Andrew (14 May 2013). "Milla Jovovich's Infectious Smile In Vogue Turkey Shoot By Sebastian Faena". complex.com. Complex Media. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- Cowles, Charlotte (28 October 2010). "Eniko Mihalik Talks on a Pay Phone and Grocery Shops in December's Vogue Nippon". nymag.com. New York Magazine. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "Daria Werbowy Turns 30! Celebrate With Her Greatest Fashion Moments of the Year". fashionista.com. Breaking Media. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- Kate Upton's Model Career is Shaping up Nicely. NY Daily News. http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/kate-upton-career-nice-shape-article-1.1249112. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "The Daily Front Row's Act 1 Collaboration with Sebastian Faena". Daily Front Row. 2016-11-29. Retrieved 2019-06-14.