|Born||Sebastian Richard Edward Cuthbert James
11 March 1966
|Alma mater||Magdalen College, Oxford
|Occupation||CEO, Dixons Carphone|
|Children||3 sons and 1 daughter|
Early life and education
The son of Christopher James, 5th Baron Northbourne, he was educated at Eton College and Magdalen College, Oxford where he was a member of the Bullingdon Club with David Cameron and Boris Johnson. He earned an MBA from INSEAD in 1991.
James started his career at Bain & Co, including being project leader with focus on retail and investment banking systems and transaction management. He has served as the Chief Executive of Synergy Insurance Services Limited and as strategy director responsible for developing and implementing the turnaround strategy at Mothercare.
James was appointed CEO of Dixons Carphone on 6 August 2014 following the merger of Dixons Retail with Carphone Warehouse. He was recognised as the mobile industry person of the year for his achievements with the merger. 
- "Sebastian James: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- "Cameron's cronies: The Bullingdon Club's class of '87". The Independent. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- ‘JAMES, Hon. Sebastian Richard Edward Cuthbert’, Who's Who 2014, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2014; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2013
- "Executive Profile". Business Week. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- "Dixons and Carphone Warehouse announce £3.8bn merger - BBC News". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- "Sebastian James : Power50 2015 profile". Mobiletoday.co.uk. 4 June 2015. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- "MOVES-Direct Line Insurance Group appoints Sebastian James to its board | Reuters". Uk.reuters.com. 28 August 2014. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- "Officer Profile | Reuters.co.uk". Uk.reuters.com. Retrieved 10 August 2015.