Lletget warming up for West Ham United in 2012
|Full name||Sebastian Francisco Lletget|
|Date of birth||September 3, 1992|
|Place of birth||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|Sporting Santa Clara|
|2009–2010||West Ham United|
|2010–2015||West Ham United||0||(0)|
|2015||LA Galaxy II||1||(0)|
|2009||United States U17||7||(3)|
|2011||United States U20||3||(0)|
|2011||United States U23||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of November 3, 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of March 24, 2017
Sebastian Francisco Lletget (born September 3, 1992) is an American soccer player who plays as an attacking midfielder for LA Galaxy in Major League Soccer. He has also played for the United States national team.
Born in San Francisco, California to Argentine parents, Lletget grew up in Northern California where he played for Sporting Santa Clara of Silicon Valley before playing with the United States under-17 residency program. He was spotted playing for Santa Clara by scouts from the West Ham United International academy and moved to England in 2009.
Lletget signed his first professional contract with West Ham in September 2010. He played in pre-season friendly games and was an unused substitute for four Premier League games for the 2012–13 season. His career progress was slowed when he contracted mononucleosis. Despite this he signed a contract extension in 2013. He made his official debut on January 5, 2014 for West Ham in a 5–0 loss against Nottingham Forest at The City Ground in the third round of the FA Cup.
On May 8, 2015 Lletget signed for LA Galaxy. Lletget made his debut for the Galaxy on May 17, 2015, in the 4–0 loss against Orlando City SC when he replaced Mika Väyrynen in the 69th minute. On May 30, Lletget started for USL affiliate club LA Galaxy II against Colorado Springs that ended in a 2–1 victory for the Galaxy. Lletget made his first start with the first team on June 13 against Columbus Crew, in a match where he scored the opening goal of the game, which was also his first for the Galaxy. Lletget scored again 4 days later in an U.S. Open Cup match against PSA Elite that ended in a 6–1 victory. On June 20, Lletget scored for the third match in a row in a 5–1 victory over the Philadelphia Union. Lletget scored for the fourth match in a row in a 5–0 victory over Portland Timbers on June 24.
In the 2016 season, Lletget scored a brace on June 14, 2016, against UPSL side La Máquina FC in extra-time of the Fourth Round of the U.S. Open Cup. Lletget again scored a late brace in the U.S. Open Cup, helping the Galaxy moves to the semi-finals after 4–2 victory over Seattle Sounders.
After spending the 2017 LA Galaxy season recovering from an injury incurred while playing for the United States national team, Sebastian Lleget opened the scoring for the Galaxy in the 61st minute of the inaugural El Tráfico, adding his first goal since his return. Lleget was then subbed out for the debut of Zlatan Ibrahimović.
On January 29, 2017, Lletget played his first game for the United States men's national team against Serbia.
On March 24, 2017, Lletget scored his first goal for the United States men's national team against Honduras. In the same match, he suffered a Lisfranc injury and was out for six months after undergoing surgery.
On October 1, 2018, Lletget was called up for the first time since sustaining his injury against Honduras for friendlies versus England and Italy.
- As of November 8, 2018
|England||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Europe||Total|
|West Ham United||2010–11||Premier League||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|United States||League||US Open Cup||Playoffs||North America||Total|
|LA Galaxy II||2015||USL Pro||1||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||1||0|
- As of March 25, 2017
- As of match played March 24, 2017: United States score listed first, score column indicates score after each Lletget goal.
|1||March 24, 2017||Avaya Stadium, San Jose, California, United States||3||Honduras||1–0||6–0||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
- "Premier League Clubs submit Squad Lists" (PDF). Premier League. December 4, 2012.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 551. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "In new role, Lletget rewarded with contract extension". www.socceramerica.com. Retrieved September 24, 2013.
- "Sebastian Lletget". www.whufc.com. Archived from the original on September 30, 2013. Retrieved September 24, 2013.
- "Nottm Forrest v West Ham". BBC Sport. January 5, 2014. Retrieved January 5, 2014.
- "LA Galaxy sign midfielder Sebastian Lletget". www.lagalaxy.com. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- "Orlando City 4–0 LA Galaxy". Soccerway. May 17, 2015.
- "LA Galaxy II vs. Colorado Springs 2 – 1". Soccerway. May 30, 2015.
- "Lletget Impresses with a Goal-scoring Performance". MLS. June 13, 2015.
- "LA Galaxy vs. PSA Elite 6 – 1". Soccerway. June 17, 2015.
- "LA Galaxy vs. Philadelphia Union 5 – 1". Soccerway. June 20, 2015.
- "LA Galaxy vs. Portland Timbers 5 – 0 (6/24/15)". Soccerway. June 24, 2015.
- "Match Report: LA Galaxy open U.S. Open Cup campaign with 4–1 extra time win over La Máquina". LA Galaxy. June 14, 2016.
- "Match Report: LA Galaxy secure spot in Open Cup semifinals with 4–2 win over Seattle Sounders". LA Galaxy. July 21, 2016.
- "LA Galaxy win first match over LAFC | Pro Soccer USA". www.prosoccerusa.com. Retrieved 2018-04-01.
- "Arena Calls 32 Players for MNT January Camp".
- "United States vs. Serbia – Football Match Report – January 29, 2017 – ESPN".
- "United States vs. Honduras – Football Match Report – March 24, 2017 – ESPN".
- "Sebastian Lletget needs surgery, will miss 4-6 months for U.S., LA Galaxy". ESPNFC.com. March 28, 2017. Retrieved May 27, 2017.
- Weatherby, Taylor (April 19, 2016). "Becky G's New Boyfriend: Singer Dating LA Galaxy Soccer Star Sebastian Lletget". Hollywood Life. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Muchos besos! Becky G shares a smooch with soccer player boyfriend Sebastian Lletget at the Latin Grammy Person of the Year Award". DailyMail. November 17, 2016.
- Sebastian Lletget at Soccerway