Sir Sebastian Wood
|United Kingdom Ambassador to Germany|
|Monarch||Queen Elizabeth II|
|Preceded by||Sir Simon McDonald|
|Born||James Sebastian Lamin Wood
6 April 1961
Florence WoodWilliam Wood
|Alma mater||Magdalen College, Oxford|
Sir James Sebastian Lamin Wood, KCMG (Chinese: 吳思田; pinyin: Wú Sītián; born 6 April 1961), usually known by his middle name Sebastian, is a British diplomat who was Ambassador to China 2010–15, and since September 2015 has been Ambassador to Germany.
Wood was educated at Emanuel School in London, then studied mathematics and philosophy at Magdalen College, Oxford, before joining the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) in 1983. He was posted to the British Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand; then was appointed as a First Secretary to the Sino-British Joint Liaison Group working on the transfer of sovereignty over Hong Kong.
In 2002, while posted as a Counsellor at the British Embassy in Washington DC, he was appointed Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George (CMG).
In 2010, he was granted his first ambassadorship as British Ambassador to China. He was appointed Knight Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George (KCMG) in the 2014 Birthday Honours for services to British prosperity and British interests in China.
- HE Mr Sebastian Wood, CMG, Debrett's, 2010
- British Ambassador to China: Sebastian Wood, Government of the United Kingdom.
- The London Gazette: . 29 October 2002.
- Sebastian Wood new UK ambassador to China, China Daily, 27 January 2010.
- The London Gazette: . 14 June 2014.
- Change of Her Majesty's Ambassador to Germany, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, 29 July 2015
- "Sir Sebastian Wood wird neuer britischer Botschafter in Berlin" [Sir Sebastian Wood becomes new British ambassador in Berlin]. Berliner Morgenpost (in German). 19 September 2015.
Sir William Ehrman
|British Ambassador to the People's Republic of China
Dame Barbara Woodward
Sir Simon McDonald
|British Ambassador to the Federal Republic of Germany