|Sir Sebastian Wood
|United Kingdom Ambassador to China|
March 2010 – February 2015
|Monarch||Queen Elizabeth II|
|Preceded by||Sir William Ehrman|
|Succeeded by||Barbara Woodward|
|Born||James Sebastian Lamin Wood
6 April 1961
Isobel Wood Henrietta Wood
Florence WoodWilliam Wood
|Alma mater||Magdalen College, Oxford|
Wood was educated at Emanuel School in London, then studied mathematics and philosophy at Magdalen College, Oxford, before joining the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) in 1983. He was posted to the British Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand; then was appointed as a First Secretary to the Sino-British Joint Liaison Group working on the transfer of sovereignty over Hong Kong.
In 2002, while posted as a Counsellor at the British Embassy in Washington DC, he was appointed Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George (CMG).
In 2010, he was granted his first ambassadorship as British Ambassador to China. He was appointed Knight Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George (KCMG) in the 2014 Birthday Honours for services to British prosperity and British interests in China.
In July 2015 the FCO announced that Wood was to become ambassador to Germany in September 2015.
- HE Mr Sebastian Wood, CMG, Debrett's, 2010.
- British Ambassador to China: Sebastian Wood, Government of the United Kingdom.
- The London Gazette: . 29 October 2002.
- Sebastian Wood new UK ambassador to China, China Daily, 27 January 2010.
- The London Gazette: . 14 June 2014.
- Change of Her Majesty's Ambassador to Germany, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, 29 July 2015
Sir William Ehrman
|British Ambassador to China