|Born||September 5, 1971|
|Occupation||CEO of AsiaInspection, French Foreign Trade Advisor|
|Awards||Best SME award 2006 from CCIFC|
Sébastien Breteau (born September 5, 1971, in Bordeaux, France) is an entrepreneur, and the founder and current CEO of AsiaInspection, a quality control company headquartered in Hong Kong. He is married to Caroline Templeton, and has a daughter Maia (born in December 2015). He is the chairman of his own charity, the Breteau Foundation, which aims to promote education in developing countries by providing digital education tools to underprivileged children worldwide. He is also a French foreign trade advisor (CCE) in China.
Sébastien Breteau started his career as a trainee in the Safran group (formerly Sagem) in Hong Kong, where he developed his experience with the Asian markets and supply chains. In 1997, he created SEBO, a company specializing in the design and export of promotional products and packaging. SEBO was the first company to import Tamagotchi to France. The company had offices in France, China, Bangladesh, the United Kingdom, and Denmark. In 2006, Sébastien Breteau sold SEBO and focused on developing his newly founded business AsiaInspection.
AsiaInspection was founded by Sébastien Breteau in 2005 as a quality control services provider specializing in consumer goods for western SME’s producing in China. The company, which has 1,800 employees, today provides product inspections, supplier audits, and laboratory tests in 77 countries. AsiaInspection has developed its own web platform to provide its clients with faster inspection, audit, and test reports.
In 2006, AsiaInspection received the Best SME award from Christine Lagarde, then Minister of Economy and Industry of the French Republic in 2006, on behalf of the French Chamber of Commerce.
In 2013 he created the Breteau Foundation, which aims to promote education for children in developing countries by providing them with digital tools. The Breteau Foundation operates in 61 schools in 7 countries (South Africa, Colombia, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Myanmar) and has just started operating in the refugees camps in Lebanon.
Sébastien Breteau also took part in the 2012 legislative elections of the Eleventh constituency for French residents overseas as a miscellaneous right candidate, losing to Thierry Mariani.
He has run eight marathons, completing the best one in 3 hours 21 minutes.
- Actualide - AsiaInspection, su director de calidad por un día N°156
- Interview de M. Sébastien Breteau, candidat Divers Droite
- The Breteau Foundation — About Us
- About French Foreign Trade Advisors (CCE’s) - CNCCEF
- Le Moci Trois questions à Sébastien Breteau, P-dg d’Asia Inspection
- AsiaInspection surfe sur les inquiétudes liées au " made in China
- Testing and Certification in Greater China
- AsiaInspection Who We Are
- http://www.asiainspection.fr/QI/AIWeb.nsf/WebRessources/Press%20release/$File/Chine_Plus_Oct_Nov_2011.PDF Chine Plus La Chine S'Impose Au Monde
- Christine Lagarde presents AsiaInspection with the Best SME Award on behalf of the French Chamber of Commerce in China
- Silliker, AsiaInspection offer service on food safety in Asia
- 48% of Food Tested in China in 2014 Failed
- Envoyé Spécial (September 18, 2008)
- Asia Accidents Help Drive Up Factory Audits
- Is This The Year When Supply Chains Become Socially Responsible?
- Les secrets du succès de Tigrane Seydoux et de ses restaurants Big Mamma
- Certifié entrepreneur français de l’étranger
- Candidat divers droite aux législatives sur la 11ème circonscription