Sebastopol Football Netball Club
|Full name||Sebastopol Football Netball Club|
|Competition||Ballarat Football League since 1978|
|Premierships||1939, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1965, 1967, 1969, 1975|
|Ground(s)||Marty Busch Reserve, Sebastopol.|
The Sebastopol Football Netball Club competes in the Ballarat Football League. The club, known as The Burras competed in the competition for the first time in 1978. The club were runners up in 2000.
The Burras play their home matches at Marty Busch Reserve, Sebastopol.
The Sebastopol Football Club has spent its history roaming around the local leagues near Ballarat, Victoria.
- In 1921 it played in the Ballarat District Football Association and won the premiership. It lost six Grand finals in seventeen years.
- In 1938 a new look Ballarat FL, Sebastopol was runners up in its only season.
- In 1939 the team won the Clunes Football League premiership defeating Creswick 12.18 (90) to 12.8 (80)
- In 1940 it merged with South Ballarat because of the war.
- In 1947 the club moved to the Ballarat FL B Grade competition. It won four premierships in a row from 1950 to 1953.
- In 1959 the competition was renamed the Ballarat District FL.
- In 1973 it was part of the merger between the Ballarat District FL and the Bacchus Marsh FL to form the Ballarat Bacchus Marsh FL.
- In 1978 it moved to the Ballarat Football League on the recommendation of the Victorian Country Football League.
Official Ballarat Football League records