Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Benedict Andrews|
|Music by||Jed Kurzel|
|Edited by||Pamela Martin|
Seberg is a 2019 political thriller film directed by Benedict Andrews, from a screenplay by Joe Shrapnel and Anna Waterhouse. It stars Kristen Stewart, Jack O'Connell, Margaret Qualley, Zazie Beetz, Anthony Mackie and Vince Vaughn.
It had its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival on August 30, 2019. It is scheduled to be released in the United States on December 13, 2019, by Amazon Studios, and in the United Kingdom on January 3, 2020, by Universal Pictures.
- Kristen Stewart as Jean Seberg
- Jack O'Connell as Jack Solomon
- Anthony Mackie as Hakim Jamal
- Margaret Qualley as Linette
- Colm Meaney as Frank Ellroy
- Zazie Beetz as Dorothy Jamal
- Vince Vaughn as Carl Kowalski
- Yvan Attal as Romain Gary
- Stephen Root as Walt Breckman
- Cornelius Smith Jr. as Ray Robertson
- Jade Pettyjohn as Jenny Kowalski
- Ser'Darius Blain as Louis Lewis
- James Jordan as Roy Maddow
In March 2018, it was announced Kristen Stewart, Jack O'Connell, Anthony Mackie, Margaret Qualley and Colm Meaney had joined the cast of the film. Benedict Andrews will direct the film from a screenplay by Joe Shrapnel and Anna Waterhouse. Fred Berger, Brian Kavanaugh-Jones, Kate Garwood, Stephen Hopkins, Bradley Pilz, will produce the film under their Automatik and Bradley Pilz Productions banners, respectively. In April 2018, Zazie Beetz joined the cast of the film. In May 2018, Vince Vaughn, Yvan Attal and Stephen Root joined the cast of the film. In June 2018, Cornelius Smith Jr. and Jade Pettyjohn joined the cast of the film. In July 2018, Ser'Darius Blain joined the cast of the film.
In February 2019, Amazon Studios acquired distribution rights to the film. It had its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival on August 30, 2019. Universal Pictures will distribute the film in all territories outside of America. It also screened at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 7, 2019. It is scheduled to be released in the United States on December 13, 2019. and in the United Kingdom on January 3, 2020.
Seberg holds a 42% approval rating on review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, based on 26 reviews, with a weighted average of 4.96/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "Seberg's frustratingly superficial treatment of a fascinating true story does a disservice to its subject -- and Kristen Stewart's performance in the central role." On Metacritic, the film holds a rating of 58 out of 100, based on 10 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
- "Biannele Cinema 2019 - Seberg". Venice Film Festival. Retrieved August 13, 2019.
- Film and Television Tax Credit Program Program 2.0 (PDF) (Report). California Film Commission. July 29, 2019. p. 1. Retrieved August 26, 2019.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (March 14, 2018). "Kristen Stewart To Play Icon Jean Seberg In Political Thriller 'Against All Enemies'; Jack O'Connell, Anthony Mackie Also Star". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 10, 2018.
- Kroll, Justin (April 2, 2018). "Zazie Beetz Eyes Jean Seberg Film 'Against All Enemies' Starring Kristen Stewart (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved June 10, 2018.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (May 9, 2018). "Vince Vaughn & More Join Kristen Stewart In Jean Seberg Thriller 'Against All Enemies' – Cannes". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 10, 2018.
- ‘Scandal’ Alum Cornelius Smith Jr. Cast In ‘Against All Enemies’
- N'Duka, Amanda (July 25, 2018). "Ser'Darius Blain Cast In 'Against All Enemies'; Chris O'Shea Joins 'Modern Persuasion'; Carlos Leal In 'The Last Thing He Wanted'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 25, 2018.
- "Against All Enemies". Production Weekly. Retrieved June 10, 2018.
- Morrison, Rachel (August 2, 2018). "That's a wrap on #againstallenemies. So much gratitude to my incredible camera crew featuring one and only @englishsly and @moneypennyyyyy and a bunch of other cats who are too cool for IG. 🤞we made something we all can be proud of..." Instagram. Retrieved August 2, 2018.
- Siegel, Tatiana (February 8, 2019). "Berlin: Amazon Nabs Kristen Stewart as Jean Seberg in Thriller 'Against All Enemies' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 8, 2019.
- Anderson, Ariston (July 25, 2019). "Venice Film Festival Unveils Lineup (Updating Live)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 25, 2019.
- "Universal buys select international territories on Kristen Stewart Venice title 'Seberg' (exclusive)". Screen International. August 7, 2019. Retrieved November 13, 2019.
- Vlessing, Etan (August 13, 2019). "'The Aeronauts,' 'Burnt Orange Heresy' Added to Toronto Film Fest Lineup". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 13, 2019.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (September 26, 2019). "Kristen Stewart Amazon Studios Pic 'Seberg' Stakes Release Date In Awards Season". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 26, 2019.
- "Seberg". Launching Films. Retrieved November 13, 2019.
- "Seberg (2019)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- "Seberg Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved November 7, 2019.