Seboomook Lake, Maine
According to the United States Census Bureau, the unorganized territory has a total area of 3,715.8 km² (1,434.7 mi²). 3,628.4 km² (1,400.9 mi²) of it is land and 87.4 km² (33.8 mi²) of it (2.35%) is water.
|Location||Somerset County, Maine|
|Primary outflows||West Branch Penobscot River, Southwest Branch Saint John River, Baker Branch Saint John River|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Max. length||13 mi (21 km)|
|Max. width||1 mi (1.6 km)|
|Surface area||6,880 acres (2,780 ha)|
|Max. depth||48 feet (15 m)|
|Water volume||102,195 acre·ft (126,056,000 m3)|
|Surface elevation||1,073 ft (327 m)|
Seboomook Lake is a reservoir on the West Branch Penobscot River. The reservoir extends upstream from Seboomook Dam in Seboomook Township, through Plymouth Township, to the confluence of the North Branch and South Branch Penobscot River in Pittston Academy Grant.
- Sandy Bay
- Bald Mountain (T4R3)
- Alder Brook
- West Middlesex Canal Grant
- Big W
- Little W
- Pittston Academy Grant
- Blake Gore
- T4R5 NBKP
- Dole Brook
- T4R17 WELS
- Elm Stream
- Russell Pond
- T5R17 WELS
- T5R18 WELS
- T5R19 WELS
- T5R20 WELS
- Big Six
- T6R18 WELS
- T6R17 WELS
- Saint John
- T7R16 WELS
- T7R17 WELS
- T7R18 WELS
- T7R19 WELS
- T8R16 WELS
- T8R17 WELS
- T8R18 WELS
- T8R19 WELS
- T9R16 WELS
- T9R17 WELS
- T9R18 WELS
- Big Ten
- T10R16 WELS
As of the census of 2000, there were 45 people, 22 households, and 11 families residing in the unorganized territory. The population density was 0.0/km² (0.0/mi²). There were 368 housing units at an average density of 0.1/km² (0.3/mi²). The racial makeup of the unorganized territory was 100.00% White.
There were 22 households out of which 18.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.0% were married couples living together, 4.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 45.5% were non-families. 40.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.05 and the average family size was 2.75.
In the unorganized territory the population was spread out with 15.6% under the age of 18, 2.2% from 18 to 24, 20.0% from 25 to 44, 57.8% from 45 to 64, and 4.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 50 years. For every 100 females there were 150.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 137.5 males.
The median income for a household in the unorganized territory was $49,167, and the median income for a family was $61,250. Males had a median income of $46,250 versus $0 for females. The per capita income for the unorganized territory was $32,578. There were no families and 11.1% of the population living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and none of those over 64.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Seboomook Lake
- The Maine Atlas and Gazetteer (Thirteenth ed.). Freeport, Maine: DeLorme Mapping Company. 1988. pp. 33,42&43. ISBN 0-89933-035-5.
- Maine Depts. of Environmental Protection and Inland Fisheries & Wildlife (2005-08-04). "Maine Lakes: Morphometry and Geographic Information". Senator George J. Mitchell Center for Environmental and Watershed Research, The University of Maine. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
- "Seboomook Lake" (PDF). Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Game. State of Maine. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- SOMERSET COUNTY COMMUNITY LISTING (106) And 2000 Census Population Figures of 50,888
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2014". Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.