Second Colijn cabinet
|Second Colijn cabinet|
33rd cabinet of the Netherlands
The first meeting of the Second Colijn cabinet on 26 May 1933
|Date formed||26 May 1933|
|Date dissolved||31 July 1935 |
(Demissionary from 23 July 1935 )
|People and organisations|
|Head of state||Queen Wilhelmina|
|Head of government||Hendrikus Colijn|
|Deputy head of government||Josef van Schaik (Unofficially)|
|No. of ministers||11|
|Total no. of ministers||13|
|Member party||Roman Catholic |
Christian Historical Union
Liberal State Party
|Status in legislature||Centre-right Majority government|
|Opposition party||Social Democratic |
|Opposition leader||Willem Albarda|
|Predecessor||Third Ruijs de |
|Successor||Third Colijn cabinet|
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
The Second Colijn cabinet was the cabinet of the Netherlands from 26 May 1933 until 31 July 1935. The cabinet was formed by the political parties Roman Catholic State Party (RKSP), Anti-Revolutionary Party (ARP), Christian Historical Union (CHU), Liberal State Party (LSP) and the Free-thinking Democratic League (VDB) after the election of 1933. The centre-right cabinet was a majority government in the House of Representatives. It was the second of five cabinets of Hendrikus Colijn, the Leader of the Anti-Revolutionary Party as Prime Minister.
- Retained Retained this position from the previous cabinet.
- Res Resigned.
- Ad interim Served ad interim.
- Died Died in office.
- Herman Langeveld (1998). Hendrikus Colijn 1869-1944 Deel II 1933-1944: Schipper naast God. Balans. p. 6. ISBN 9789460034480.
- "Hendrikus Colijn (1869-1944) – Premier tijdens de crisisjaren 1930" (in Dutch). Historiek. 23 May 2017. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "Colijn, Hendrikus (1869-1944)" (in Dutch). Resources Huygens. 10 July 2006. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "Hendrikus Colijn" (in Dutch). Historisch Nieuwsblad. 10 November 2017. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "Formeren kun je leren" (in Dutch). Historische Studievereniging Leiden. 22 March 2017. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cabinet Colijn II.|