(Redirected from Second Lok Sabha)
|2nd Lok Sabha|
|Legislative body||Indian Parliament|
|Election||1957 Indian general election|
|This article is part of a series on the|
15 sitting members from Rajya Sabha were elected to 2nd Lok Sabha after the Indian general elections, 1957.
- Speaker: M. Ananthasayanam Ayyangar (8 March 1956 – 16 April 1962)
- Deputy Speaker: Sardar Hukam Singh, (20 March 1956 – 31 March 1962)
- Secretary: M. N. Kaul (27 July 1947 – 1 September 1964)
List of members by political party
Members by the political party in 2nd Lok Sabha are given below
|2nd Lok Sabha
|Member of MP's|
|Indian National Congress||INC||371|
|Communist Party of India||CPI||27|
|Praja Socialist Party||PSP||19|
|Republican Party of India||RPI||6|
|Bharatiya Jana Sangh||BJS||4|
|Peasants and Workers Party of India||PWPI||4|
|Chota Nagpur Santhal Parganas Janata Party||CNSPJP||3|
|Forward Bloc (Marxist)||AIFB||2|
|People's Democratic Front||2|
|Akhil Bharatiya Hindu Mahasabha||ABHM||1|
|Indian Union Muslim League||IUML||1|
- "Statistical Report on General Elections, 1957 to the Second Lok Sabha, (Vol. I)" (PDF). Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 March 2012. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "RAJYA SABHA STATISTICAL INFORMATION (1952-2013)" (PDF). Rajya Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi. 2014. p. 12. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "Second Lok Sabha". Lok Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi. Archived from the original on 3 July 2011.