|Genre||Electronic music, rock music, etc.|
|Founded by||Second Life|
Secondfest is a music festival which takes place in the Second Life virtual world. Unlike other musical performances on the web which provide audio through individual web pages for listeners to enjoy by themselves, Secondfest offers an on-line community the ability to experience entertainment together, in a large virtual space.
The first Secondfest event was aired in June 2007 and was favorably received by the artists and Second Life users alike. The festival was conceived and produced by Sara Linfoot (head of digital partnerships) and Sarah Ellison (head of events) at The Guardian and curated by Sav Remzi of Tirk Records. This, the first on-line festival of its type, featured artists and arenas from the UK festival circuit. Secondfest was subsequently awarded the AOP (Association of Online Publishers) prize for the 'Innovation' category and The Guardian Achievement Award for 'Innovation in advertising'.
Artists that performed on day one included:
Day two, making use of four 'stages', included the following artists:
- Hot Chip
- The Cinematic Orchestra
- Gilles Peterson
- New Young Pony Club
- The Aliens
Other real world artists who performed include:
- DJ Jenns
- DJ Doubledown Tandino
- Slim Warrior
Also billed to 'appear' were:
As well as the four stages, the festival site included a cinema, private beach party, games, roller skating, food court, bar, deer rides and walk on map.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Secondfest.|
- Aleks Krotoski (June 30, 2007). "Secondfest diary: Day 1". Guardian Unlimited music blog. Retrieved 2007-07-14.
- Aleks Krotoski (July 1, 2007). "Secondfest diary: day 2". Guardian Unlimited music blog. Retrieved 2007-07-14.
- "Bands Take Part In Online Music Festival". Net Music Countdown. July 2, 2007. Retrieved 2007-07-14.
- Aleks Krotoski (July 2, 2007). "Secondfest". Guardian Unlimited games blog. Retrieved 2007-07-14.
- "Hadouken! play virtual festival". NME. July 13, 2007. Retrieved 2007-07-14.
- Stuart Waterman (June 22, 2007). "SecondFest in association with The Guardian and Intel - the music festival for people who fear people". My Chemical Toilet. Archived from the original on 2007-07-01. Retrieved 2007-07-14.
|This music festival-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|